Impact Soundworks Ventus Ethnic Winds - Tin Whistle
Tin Whistle Virtual Instruments for Kontakt Full
The second instrument in our VENTUS Ethnic Winds series of beautiful solo instruments, featuring the enchanting sound of the Irish tin whistle. Includes 16 playing techniques and 450 pre-recorded phrases – 3,180 samples in total! An ornament system allows for unique, authentic performances, and TACT (Total Articulation Control Technology) provides the ultimate solution for fully customizable mapping.
The Tin Whistle
The tin whistle - or feadóg (Gaelic) - is a humble yet versatile recorder-like instrument that is firmly established as a mainstay of traditional Celtic music. Though this instrument family is among the most ancient on Earth, the tin whistle itself found its popularity in the 19th century within the United Kingdom in particular.
We chose this instrument not just for its cultural significance, but also its pure tone and incredible versatility. It can perform soaring, agile parts with gorgeous rapid ornamentation as well as slow, emotional lines that tug at your heartstrings. This flexibility has led the tin whistle to prominence in film, TV & game scoring as well, most notably in Howard Shore's score to the Lord of the Rings film trilogy.
Our tin whistle library is performed by Josh Plotner, who captured all key articulations and playing techniques of the instrument: sustains, strikes, cuts, crans, rolls, legato, portamento, bends, phrases, and much more!
Ventus Series Concept
We started the Ventus Ethnic Winds series to take you on a journey all over the world, capturing the tones of beautifully performed solo woodwinds outside the Western repertoire. Along with that goal, we want you to be able to create authentic performances without technology getting in the way.
Each Ventus instrument shares several key features, along with a common user interface:
1. Traditional playable articulations alongside a large pool of pre-recorded phrases that you can quickly drop into a composition for instant color.
2. An innovative ornaments system designed to automagically create decorative techniques in real-time with no extra sequencing or tweaking needed.
3. Our unique Total Articulation Control Technology (TACT) to unify and simplify the process of creating your own personal mapping setup for every instrument.
With these three features, combined with our hallmark depth of sampling and attention to detail, we know that our Ventus Ethnic Winds will become a source of endless inspiration.
- Over 3180 24-bit samples recorded through warm ribbon & room mics
- 8 types of sustain articulations
- True legato and portamento w/ adjustable settings
- 2 different release ornaments
- Classic strikes, cuts, crans & rolls
- 4 types of trills (major, minor, 2nds, 3rds)
- 450 phrases of multiple lengths and styles
- Phrases also provided as WAV
- Beautiful unified VENTUS interface
- Dozens of under-the-hood tweaking controls
- Ornament system for effortless authentic performances
- Phrase playback editor
- Easy FX rack with analog-modeled EQ, compressor, delay & reverb
- TACT - Total Articulation Control Technology for easy customization of all playing techniques
- Kontakt 5.5.1 or higher (Full version, NOT Kontakt Player)
- 6GB disk space
- 4GB RAM or more
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.