Impact Soundworks Ventus Ethnic Winds - Shakuhachi
Shakuhachi Virtual Instruments for Kontakt Full
The debut instrument in our VENTUS Ethnic Winds series of beautiful solo instruments. Includes 15 playing techniques and 600 pre-recorded phrases – 6,000 samples in total! An ornament system allows for unique, authentic performances, and TACT (Total Articulation Control Technology) provides the ultimate solution for fully customizable mapping.
Our first foray into sampling traditional Japanese instruments was Koto Nation, released in 2008. Since then, we've received countless requests to explore the shakuhachi next, making it the perfect choice for the first volume of Ventus!
The shakuhachi is an ancient end-blown flute used in Japanese music for over 1,300 years. Performing the instrument and using techniques like vibrato is significantly different than Western flutes and recorders. Its five (pentatonic) holes can produce several octaves of pitches with breathy, serene, and emotional tones.
Our shakuhachi library is performed by Josh Plotner, who captured all key articulations and playing techniques of the instrument: from straight sustains and vibrato to bends, ornaments, and phrases.
Ventus Series Concept
We started the Ventus Ethnic Winds series to take you on a journey all over the world, capturing the tones of beautifully performed solo woodwinds outside the Western repertoire. Along with that goal, we want you to be able to create authentic performances without technology getting in the way.
Each Ventus instrument shares several key features, along with a common user interface:
1. Traditional playable articulations alongside a large pool of pre-recorded phrases that you can quickly drop into a composition for instant color.
2. An innovative ornaments system designed to automagically create decorative techniques in real-time with no extra sequencing or tweaking needed.
3. Our unique Total Articulation Control Technology (TACT) to unify and simplify the process of creating your own personal mapping setup for every instrument.
With these three features, combined with our hallmark depth of sampling and attention to detail, we know that our Ventus Ethnic Winds will become a source of endless inspiration.
- Over 6,000 24-bit samples recorded through warm ribbon & room mics
- 6 types of sustain articulations
- True legato playing w/ adjustable settings
- 5 different release ornaments
- 12 types of trills (fast, slow, multi intervals)
- 600+ phrases of multiple lengths and styles
- Phrases & breaths also provided as WAV
- Beautiful unified VENTUS interface
- Dozens of under-the-hood tweaking controls
- Ornament system for effortless authentic performances
- Phrase playback editor
- Easy FX rack with analog-modeled EQ, compressor, delay & reverb
- TACT - Total Articulation Control Technology for easy customization of all playing techniques
- Kontakt 5.3.1 or higher (Full version, NOT Kontakt Player)
- 7GB disk space
- 4GB RAM or more
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.