Impact Soundworks Ventus Ethnic Winds - Bansuri
Bansuri Virtual Instrument for Kontakt Full
The third instrument in our VENTUS Ethnic Winds series features the divine tone of the Indian bansuri. Includes 14 playing techniques, nearly 350 pre-recorded phrases, and bonus drones – 4,500+ samples in total! An ornament system allows for unique, authentic performances, and TACT (Total Articulation Control Technology) provides the ultimate solution for fully customizable mapping.
The bansuri is an ancient flute indigenous to India, known as the nadi or tunava in some texts. It has a special role in North Indian and Hindustani classical music and is often known as the "divine instrument", carrying with it the appropriate religious significance. Unlike many ancient flutes, the bansuri is tranverse (side-blown).
We selected the bansuri for the Ventus Series because of its supreme importance in traditional Indian music, and because we loved its haunting, low tone. It is the perfect companion for our Sitar Nation library.
Our bansuri library is performed by Josh Plotner, who captured all key articulations and playing techniques of the instrument: sustains, ornaments, staccatos, legato, portamento, bends, phrases, and much more!
Ventus Series Concept
We started the Ventus Ethnic Winds series to take you on a journey all over the world, capturing the tones of beautifully performed solo woodwinds outside the Western repertoire. Along with that goal, we want you to be able to create authentic performances without technology getting in the way.
Each Ventus instrument shares several key features, along with a common user interface:
1. Traditional playable articulations alongside a large pool of pre-recorded phrases that you can quickly drop into a composition for instant color.
2. An innovative ornaments system designed to automagically create decorative techniques in real-time with no extra sequencing or tweaking needed.
3. Our unique Total Articulation Control Technology (TACT) to unify and simplify the process of creating your own personal mapping setup for every instrument.
With these three features, combined with our hallmark depth of sampling and attention to detail, we know that our Ventus Ethnic Winds will become a source of endless inspiration.
- Over 4,500 24-bit samples recorded through warm ribbon & room mics
- 7 types of sustain articulations
- True legato and portamento, tweakable settings
- 3 different release ornaments
- Staccato, bends, vibrato
- Nearly 350 phrases. multiple lengths & styles
- Phrases also provided as WAV
- Bonus tambura and sitar drones patch
- Beautiful unified VENTUS interface
- Dozens of under-the-hood tweaking controls
- Ornament system for effortless authentic performances
- Phrase playback editor
- Easy FX rack with analog-modeled EQ, compressor, delay & reverb
- TACT - Total Articulation Control Technology for easy customization of all playing techniques
- Kontakt 5.5.2 or higher (Full version, NOT Player)
- 6GB disk space
- 4GB RAM or more
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.