Impact Soundworks Rhapsody Orchestral Percussion
Orchestral Percussion Virtual Instruments for Kontakt Full
This exquisite symphonic collection for KONTAKT features a comprehensive collection of 50 traditional & extended percussive instruments recorded through three mic positions. With a clean, focused character that is not clinically dry OR overly ‘epic’, Rhapsody: Orchestral Percussion is highly flexible for everything from small ensemble scoring and intimate cues to dramatic & bombastic. No other percussion library is as extensive AND affordable!
Our goal with Rhapsody: Orchestral Percussion was nothing less than creating the most versatile and affordable percussion library ever. With 50 instruments, 100+ articulations, and 21+ gigabytes of raw recordings, calling this collection ‘comprehensive’ is an understatement. Each instrument has been exhaustively sampled with up to 10x RR and 5x velocity layers, captured across three mic positions in a gorgeous orchestral hall.
Rhapsody: Orchestral Percussion goes beyond the standard suite of drums (i.e. bass drum, snare, toms, cymbals) to include a wide variety of aux percussion (i.e. shaker, sleigh bells, castanets, chimes, metals, wood & temple blocks), hand drums (i.e. djembe, bongos, cajon, darbuka), and chromatic instruments (i.e. glockenspiel, xylophone, marimba, crotales, tubular bells).
Besides its scope and affordability, what else sets this library apart? Most orchestral percussion libraries strive for the ideal of “epic” through big halls and lots of reverb: a huge sound for a huge price. Rhapsody: Orchestral Percussion was instead recorded & designed to function in any musical context, from small, emotional pieces, to tense underscores, and even bombastic, loud, and - yes - epic tracks.
Our philosophy when building instruments is to design with composers in mind. To that end, we've created an intuitive interface for the library that provides customization and control without being overly complex.
- Volume, tuning, and envelope controls for each instrument
- Internal preset system for saving your settings & mixes
- Per-instrument 3-band "Solid-G" EQ
- Enable / disable instruments & mics to preserve RAM
- Multiple outputs - send instruments to different Kontakt outs
- Mic mixing - volume, pan, width, offset (via CC)
- Convolution reverb send with wet & size controls
- Comprehensive suite of 50+ instruments
- Three mic positions: close, stage, hall
- Full version: 16 & 24-bit samples
- Essentials: 16-bit samples
- Deep sampled 10x dynamics, 5x RR
- Entire library loads in just 8 patches
- Easy mic mixing and instrument tweaks
- Modwheel-controlled dynamic rolls and swells
- Focused, uncolored hall with tight reverb tail
- Elegant & intuitive one-page UI
- 9GB disk space for 24-bit samples, NCW compressed
- 4GB disk space for 16-bit samples, NCW compressed
- Kontakt 5.3 or higher (Full version, Not Player)
- 4GB RAM minimum (8GB recommended)