Impact Soundworks Rhapsody Orchestral Colors
Orchestral Virtual Instruments for Kontakt Full
An all-in-one symphonic library that makes it easier than ever to bring your orchestral ideas to life! Features 30,000+ detailed samples of strings, brass, winds, and choral ensembles, along with a unique library of chords & voicings that puts the full palette of symphonic tones at your fingertips. With Rhapsody: Orchestral Colors, there's no faster way to create fully-voiced orchestral textures!
Rhapsody: Orchestral Colors is the companion to our critically-acclaimed Rhapsody: Orchestral Percussion virtual instrument. Recorded in the same focused, neutral, and highly-versatile hall, this library offers the rest of the orchestra: strings, brass, winds, and choir ensembles, all deep-sampled in sections for maximum control and flexibility.
The heart of the library is our custom orchestrator engine that transforms single MIDI notes into beautiful, lush chords and textures across multiple ensembles. Unlike "pre-baked" orchestral libraries, Rhapsody: Orchestral Colors gives you individual control over the voicing of each section - for example, violins/viola, celli, and basses can all play unique chords, voices, and intervals. We've also recorded two octaves of unison notes for each ensemble allowing you to create your own chords from scratch!
The highly flexible sound of Rhapsody: Orchestral Colors, recorded with three mic positions, is suited equally to chamber music and classical mockups as it is lush film scores and epic cues. Every section has its own unique mic mix controls and output routing so you can mix each orchestral ensemble to taste. Film, TV, and game composers will love the versatility of this library and how quickly their orchestral ideas can be transferred to the DAW.
Interface & Engine
Rhapsody: Orchestral Colors includes an elegant and powerful script engine that supports up to four ensembles in a single patch. Each ensemble has its own unique set of controls: mic mix, 4-band EQ, panning, Kontakt output selection, and chord voicing. Mics can even be loaded or unloaded for each instrument without affecting the others! Changing all ensembles at once is also possible with the Link control. Our custom orchestrator script is the star of the library. In this screenshot, each ensemble is set to "Wide" mode - by pressing any key on the keyboard, each section will play a pre-voiced chord with wide voicing built on the key that was pressed. Playing in the lower octaves will trigger major triads while the upper octaves trigger minor triads.
We've created a huge number of other modes as well, such as:
- Low & High: Pre-orchestrated triads built on the root note
- Fat: Super-dense doubled chords
- Octaves & Power: Octave unisons and 4th/5th intervals
- Aleatoric 1-3: Up to three random notes triggered per key press
- Int2: Performs the third and fifth triad without the root note
- Scale degrees: Plays the 2nd, 3rd, 4th.. etc built on the root note
- Intervals: Performs two note intervals from 2nd to 7th
Each section can also be set to Random or Split modes. In Random mode, the voicing used will be selected at random from a user-selected pool. This is fantastic as an inspirational tool! Split mode allows for up to three voicings to be used depending on what part of the keyboard is used.
Besides the ultra-powerful chord mode, we've also included Unisons patches with two octaves of single notes sampled per section. From contrabasses to violins/violas and trumpets, that's a total orchestra range of C1 to C6! The Unisons can be played in Natural mode, where each instrument triggers only in its natural playable range, or in Zone mode where each section can be assigned a different keyboard region.
Rhapsody: Orchestral Colors includes extensive settings and performance controls to further customize the library. Our convolution reverb sports a selection of custom, hand-picked impulse responses ranging from huge concert halls to small chamber spaces - an easy way to achieve drastically different tones with one click.
Other useful features include the Doubler, which doubles the size and width of every ensemble, Extra RR, which adds even more variations to every section (great for ostinato staccatos), and Staccato Tightness, allowing for the full range of short notes from loose and full to ultra-short and tight.
- 30,000+ orchestral samples
- Three mic positions: close, decca, outrigger
- Strings: Violins/violas, celli, basses
- Brass: Trumpets, trombones, horns, tuba
- Winds: Clarinet/oboe/flute, bassoon/contrabassoon
- Choir: Men's and women's ensembles + FX
- Sustain, staccato, staccatissimo & tenuto
- Massive voicing engine with randomization features
- Play tons of chords and inversion with a single key press
- Customize your section blend
- Two octaves of unison samples per ensemble
- Convolution reverb (gorgeous impulse responses)
- Full control over each ensemble
- Easy routing of each section to Kontakt outputs
- 8GB disk space (NCW compressed)
- Kontakt 5.3 or newer (Full version, Not Player)
- 4GB RAM minimum (8GB recommended)
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.