Impact Soundworks Curio: Cinematic Toy Piano
Toy Piano Virtual Instrument for Kontakt Full
A hidden world of sound generated from a miniature toy piano, prepared, mangled, and deconstructed to create tonal textures, sweeps, ambiances, impacts, deep percussion, and more! Perfect for film, TV, and game scoring.
CURIO Cinematic Toy Piano is a rare collection of custom-designed tonal and atonal material for Kontakt 4+. Designed by Ali Lacey, Curio features a miniature grand piano recorded naturally, then prepared, deconstructed, and mangled beyond recognition using acoustic and electronic sound design techniques.
In addition to atmospheric plucks, haunting and subtle mallet hits, and other traditional chromatic sounds, Curio contains a huge variety of percussive hits. These sounds, which range from light taps to earth-shaking subs, are ideal for epic cues and subtle underscore alike. The beautiful UI provides further editing controls, allowing for instant customization and shaping of any sound with just a few clicks.
With over +1400 samples provided in both NCW and WAV format (for further editing and mangling), Curio is a treasure trove of inspirational material.
Interface & Engine
The Curio interface includes a wide range of toggled effects along with an ADSR envelope. These features in tandem provide a powerful way to shape and create sounds out of the pre-existing patches in Curio.
- Intimate micing
- 23 unique instrument patches for KONTAKT 4+
- Deep-sampled mallets and plucks
- Bowed ambience, tapping, shaking textures
- Processed and natural percussive hits
- Tonal and atonal textures/sweeps
- Deep bass plucks and FX
- Hybrid airy/synthesized and chromatic sounds
- 1,400+ samples available as both NCW and standalone WAV for further mangling
- Beautiful and inspiring scripted interface
- Seven FX and processors, MIDI controllable
- Multi-mode filter and envelope
- Easy 3-band EQ for quick shaping
- Tempo synced delay tap
- Spatial and modulation FX
- Requires KONTAKT 4 or higher (full version, NOT Kontakt Player)
- Requires 1.2GB disk space
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.