IK Multimedia T-RackS Linear Phase EQ
EQ Module for T-Racks 5
High Precision, Linear Phase Equalizer
The T-RackS Linear Phase Equalizer is a precision tool that allows for extremely detailed, clean, and transparent tonal interventions on your audio material.
Linear phase operation is at the base of this six-band equalizer. This kind of processing is particularly useful when there is the need to perform tonal adjustments that do not sound colored like they would do if another kind of EQ had been used. Linear phase EQ in fact doesn't alter the phase response of the frequency band where the boost or cut happens resulting in an absolutely transparent and not smeared sound.
As an added plus to the Linear Phase response, the T-RackS Linear Phase EQ boasts six bands of fully parametric equalization. Each band can be configured to work as a high pass, low shelving, peaking, high shelving, or low pass, thus making the module extremely flexible.
This equalizer is perfect when you need to make EQ adjustments on the audio program don't "feel" as equalized and as natural as possible, as if the audio was never touched: when in peaking mode, its bands can be set to have a wide and broad Q or be super sharp, to make surgical micro-cuts to a very narrow frequency band, very handy to get rid of resonances or notch out noises.
This EQ is so natural sounding that it can be equally used on single tracks or on the whole mix; in the first case it will be a "problem solver" to a poorly recorded track: sometimes percussion instruments need to be fixed in certain zones or may have resonances that could be annoying or clash with the tonality of the song, but the fundamental tone must remain intact: that's where the precision and distortion-free sound of this EQ can really be the solution.
In case it's used on a full mix, as a general mastering equalizer, the Q of the bands can be set for a very wide and broad value so that the transparency of the action will be invisible.
- Works within the T-RackS CS Standalone application
- High-quality oversampling
- High-precision and high-transparency digital processors
- Accurately analog-modeled vintage classic devices
- Full-latency compensation support
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz
- DSM and SCC proprietary IK technologies for extremely accurate digital models of analog hardware devices
- Native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems
- System Requirements
- T-RackS 5 is a 64-bit application and requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System.
- Minimal: Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), macOS 10.9 or later.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
- Minimal: Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10. Requires an ASIO compatible sound card.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
Internet connection is required as all of the Custom Shop operations are web-based.