IK Multimedia Syntronik
17 Synthesizer Virtual Instruments
The Legendary Synth Powerhouse
Syntronik is a cutting-edge virtual synthesizer that raises the bar in sound quality and flexibility thanks to the most advanced sampling techniques combined with a new hybrid sample and modeling synthesis engine.
Syntronik includes 17 amazing Synths, available as a collection or separately, with over 2,000 preset sounds covering a wide selection from 38 of the most iconic to ultra-rare and painstakingly multi-sampled vintage synthesizers. Syntronik's synthesis engine goes well beyond traditional sampling thanks to a brand new analog modeled filter section created with the utmost expertise from IK, the pioneer in virtual circuit modeling. This is coupled with exclusive DRIFT technology to accurately reproduce the behavior of oscillators from real hardware synths.
All of this combined with an effects section that is unrivaled in the world of virtual instruments along with advanced features like 4-part multis, splits, and arpeggiators make Syntronik the ultimate source of inspiration with the widest palette of synthesizer sounds ranging from exact reproductions of the originals to sounds never heard before that will stand out from the crowd in productions covering any genre and style.
- Minimod - Based on Modular Moog, Minimoog Model D, Moog Voyager
- OXa - Based on Oberheim OB-X, OB-Xa
- J-8 - Based on Roland Jupiter-8, Jupiter-6, Jupiter-4
- Pro-V - Based on Sequential Circuits Prophet-5, Prophet-10
- V-80 - Based on Yamaha CS-80, GX-1, CS-01II
- Harpy 260 - Based on ARP 2600
- T-03 - Based on Roland TB-303 Bassline
- Blau - Based on PPG Wave 2.3
- Bully - Based on Moog Taurus I, II, 3
- Galaxy - Based on Alesis Andromeda
- SAM - Based on Oberheim SEM
String Box - Based on ARP String Ensemble (Solina), Elka Rhapsody 490, Hohner String Performer, Roland RS-505 Paraphonic, Roland RS-09 Organ/Strings
- Polymorph - Based on Moog Polymoog, Opus 3, Rogue, Realistic Concertmate MG-1
- 99 - Based on Yamaha SY99
- DCO-X - Based on Roland JX-10, JX-8P, JX-3P
- Noir - Based on Multimoog, Micromoog, Moog Prodigy
- J-60 - Based on Roland Juno-60
Capturing Synthesizer DNA
When it comes to accurately reproducing the sound of timeless machines like vintage synthesizers, sampling their sound-generating oscillators is the only way to ensure truly authentic sounds. We selected some of the most sought-after synthesizers, sourced only the best instruments from private collections, and painstakingly sampled them. IK's sound designers worked hand in hand with their software developers to take full advantage of this "synthesizer DNA," with the goal of offering a highly flexible instrument that would maintain the exact sonic character of the originals while extending their creative potential even further.
They captured multiple round robins of single oscillators, oscillator combinations (including sync and FM sweeps) and after more than 70,000 samples and 50GB later, Syntronik is ready to set a new standard in the world of virtual instruments.
An Array of Synthesizers
Syntronik includes the following 38 amazing synths and string machines offering more than 2,000 instrument presets:
- Alesis Andromeda
- ARP 2600
- ARP String Ensemble (Solina)
- Elka Rhapsody 490
- Hohner String Performer
- Minimoog Model D
- Modular Moog
- Moog Opus 3
- Moog Prodigy
- Moog Rogue
- Moog Taurus I
- Moog Taurus II
- Moog Taurus 3
- Moog Voyager
- Oberheim OB-X
- Oberheim OB-Xa
- Oberheim SEM (Synthesizer Expander Module)
- PPG Wave 2.3
- Realistic Concertmate MG-1
- Roland Juno-60
- Roland Jupiter-4
- Roland Jupiter-6
- Roland Jupiter-8
- Roland JX-10
- Roland JX-3P
- Roland JX-8P
- Roland RS-09 Organ/Strings
- Roland RS-505 Paraphonic
- Roland TB-303 Bassline
- Sequential Circuits Prophet-10
- Sequential Circuits Prophet-5
- Yamaha CS-01II
- Yamaha CS-80
- Yamaha GX-1
- Yamaha SY99
Hybrid Synthesis Architecture
In order to achieve highly flexible sound manipulation while maintaining the same exact sound of the original hardware, we evolved our synth engine to include circuit-level filter models of 4 of the best sounding machines of all time: Moog transistor ladder, (found in the Minimoog and Modular Moog), Roland's IR3109 chip (found in the Jupiter-8 and Juno-60), the famous Curtis CEM3320 chip (found in the Prophet-5 and Oberheim OB-Xa) and the Oberheim SEM state variable filter.
This hybrid architecture allows for a pristine reproduction of the most critical section of every synthesizer. Plus, every filter is selectable within each included synthesizer, enabling users to create their own combinations by mixing or matching at will, like using a Moog filter on an Oberheim oscillator to produce entirely new original sounds that stand out from the crowd! Syntronik also provides powerful digital filters like Formant and Phase filters that can take the analog source oscillators into new sonic dimensions.
Syntronik also includes all-new DRIFT technology that breathes more life into the sampled oscillators themselves. Typically sample-based synthesizers have the limitation of having always the same exact sample attack, something that does not happen in their true hardware counterparts. IK's DRIFT technology varies the phase, color, and pitch of the sampled oscillators to keep them moving just like the real analog oscillators do. Much more than simple detuning or even multiple-source modulation, DRIFT emulates the way real analog circuits behave over time. The result is the unmistakable sound of analog that is the origin of any classic synthesizer sound.
In order to get the most out of Syntronik, you don't need to be an expert in synth programming. In fact, all models share consistent easy-to-use controls that will make custom sound tailoring and editing a breeze, even for "non-geeks." We have also designed 17 dedicated interfaces which look and feel like the original panels to make your sound tweaking experience even more inspirational.
An Arsenal of Effects
When it comes to high-quality effects, IK's expertise is simply indisputable. Syntronik comes with 38 mind-blowing effects which are derived from our best-selling T-RackS mix and mastering suite and AmpliTube guitar workstation. IK also designed some new ones like the famous Ensemble Chorus, for a total number of effects that you won't find in any other vintage synth collection of its kind.
5 effects can be simultaneously inserted on every instrument via a new attractive lunchbox-style interface that allows for immediate visualization and editing of every parameter from within a single, convenient interface. You can quickly arrange the effects in the chain by just dragging and dropping the modules to the desired position, making it easier to audition different processing combinations on the selected sound.
You can also save your custom effect chains as presets for use on other sounds in other projects. Likewise, if you come up with an interesting effect chain, you can engage the lock feature and instantly try it in combination with different sounds by just browsing through the collection.
4 Synths Are Better than 1
Syntronik capabilities go way beyond what a single synthesizer can do. Its streamlined interface allows for quick layering and combining of up to 4 different synthesizer parts that can make a true "wall of sound". An easy-to-use layering interface allows for quick mapping and playing sounds simultaneously as well as creating advanced splits for maximum flexibility and a full-blown performance. Multis can be saved and recalled with ease, further defining Syntronik as the most powerful vintage synthesizer virtual instrument to date.
Syntronik's 4 synthesizer parts feature a powerful note and chord arpeggiator, each with its own assignable range and settings as well as the ability to store them for instant recall. This allows you to build complex rhythmic textures and sequences with extreme ease and mind-blowing effectiveness.
Find Sounds Fast
Syntronik's advanced browser allows for fast and convenient navigation of more than 2,000 presets to let you find the right sounds in an instant. You can browse the content by instrument or search for single sounds. Refine your search using keywords and sort instruments by category (bass, lead, pads,…), character (warm, distorted, percussive, …), and type (monophonic, polyphonic, arpeggios, etc…). You can also rate your favorite sounds to find them in a flash.
- 17 powerful Synths with familiar panel designs and easy to use controls
- A collection of 38 iconic synthesizers and string machines
- Multi-sampled oscillators for ultimate authenticity
- 4 classic types of circuit-modeled filters to shape sounds
- DRIFT technology for the realism of subtle oscillator variations
- Mix and match oscillators with filters for new original sounds
- True 4-part synth to create rich sounds with Multis and splits
- 4 dynamic arpeggiators for complex rhythmic textures
- 38 high-quality effects derived from AmpliTube and T-RackS
- More than 50GB of sounds and over 2,000 presets
- Browser search by category or keyword to find sounds in seconds
- Optimized resizable interface
- Load Syntronik sounds into SampleTank 3 (or later) for more expandability
- Works as a 64-bit plug-in or standalone instrument for Mac/PC
- MacOS 10.9 Mavericks - 11 Big Sur (64-bit only)
- Windows 7, 8, or 10 (64-bit only)
- Intel Core 2 Duo or better / AMD Athlon 64 X2 or better
- 4GB RAM or more (8GB or more recommended)
- 60GB storage space
- ASIO compatible sound card required on Windows
AAX Native, Audio Units, VST2, VST3 (all 64-bit only)