IK Multimedia T-RackS EQ-81
4-band Equalizer Plugin
A Legend Reborn
The T-RackSEQ 81delivers that legendary British warmth and tone with a few twists. The EQ 81 is based on another classic piece of hardware whose character was instrumental in shaping the sound of many hit songs, the EQ 81 can be considered the evolution of its older brother, the EQ 73.
However, there are a few twists that make the EQ 81 capable of delivering a voice of its own. The key here is in the versatility of the EQ section, sporting four independent bands (high/low shelving, plus two midrange peaking filters) rounded out by high and low pass filters this module is particularly useful when a more precise intervention on a track is needed, still maintaining tone and organic, analog warmth in the signal path.
Midrange bands can be switched to high Q for even more selective interventions while the two outer shelving bands can be switched to peaking mode, in case more articulate tone shaping on the frequency spectrum is necessary.
As in the EQ-73, special attention to detail was paid to the matching of the EQ curves which make this EQ so natural and musical sounding. However, we went a step further: the nature and beauty of these designs resides in the interaction of the preamp circuit with the EQ section so we made sure the behavior of the model was as faithful as possible to the original in this regard, a feature that no other emulation of this classic has taken into account and that makes the EQ 81 (and EQ 73 as well) a step ahead of the pack.
There is virtually no audio source this EQ isn't capable of enhancing - midrange critical sources like vocals, acoustic or electric guitars, will benefit from the extended EQ capabilities, where the key frequencies are precisely tailored to always deliver musical results.
Obviously given its complete feature set the EQ 81 is at home on any source track like drums, bass, piano and strings. The low shelving band delivers fullness and punch without ever sounding boomy, high shelf adds air and shine and the midrange is so sculpted and precise that the track will fit in the mix while still maintaining its focus, clarity and 3D image.
- Works within the T-RackS CS Standalone application
- High-quality oversampling
- High-precision and high-transparency digital processors
- Accurately analog-modeled vintage classic devices
- Full-latency compensation support
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz
- DSM and SCC proprietary IK technologies for extremely accurate digital models of analog hardware devices
- Native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems
T-RackS 5 is a 64-bit application and requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System.
Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST2, VST3, AAX Native
Mac: Minimum Requirements
Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), macOS 10.9 or laterWindows Minimum Requirements
Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10. Requires an ASIO compatible sound card.
Internet connection is required as all of the Custom Shop operations are web-based.
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.