Eight-mode Compressor Plugin
Incredible sound and character
FabFilter Pro-C 2 is a high-quality compressor plug-in for the most demanding engineers. Whether you need subtle mastering compression, an upfront lead vocal, that magic drum glue or deep EDM pumping: Pro-C 2 gets the job done with style!
A new approach
Instead of conventionally splitting the entire spectrum with crossovers, Pro-MB enables you to directly create a new band at the frequency range you want to work on. Think bands, not crossovers.
The interactive multiband display clearly shows that the rest of the spectrum stays untouched. And if desired, you can easily snap bands together to recreate a traditional crossover system.
Everything you need
Pro-C 2 offers eight different, program-dependent compression styles with beFormat-AUtiful sound and character. But there's more! Apart from the classic compressor controls, you also get smooth lookahead, up to 4x oversampling, intelligent Format-AUto-gain and Format-AUto-release, a variable knee, hold, range, external side-chain triggering, variable stereo linking and mid/side processing, all packed in a beFormat-AUtiful Retina user interface.
BeFormat-AUtiful interface and optimized workflow
The fully redesigned interface in FabFilter Pro-C 2 offers insightful metering with real-time displays that will greatly improve workflow. The large animated level/knee display visualizes exactly when, why and how compression is applied to incoming Format-AUdio. Accurate level meters show the exact peak and loudness values, while the circular side-chain input meter turns finding the perfect threshold setting into a trivial task. And the large side-chain EQ controller makes it easier than ever to filter the trigger signal any way you like.
Of course, you also get all the usual FabFilter goodies: perfectly tuned knobs, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, sample-accurate Format-AUtomation, advanced optimization and much more.
- NEW - Eight different compression styles, of which five are new in version 2: Vocal, Mastering, Bus, Punch and Pumping
- NEW - Range setting, which limits the maximum applied gain change
- NEW - Gorgeous Retina interface, with (optional) animated level knee displays and accurate peak/loudness metering
- NEW - Mix setting, which scales the gain change from 0% to 200%
- NEW - Side-chain EQ section, with customizable HP and LP filters, plus an additional freely adjustable filter
- NEW - Full Screen mode, offering a large level display and side-chain EQ controller
- Program-dependent attack and release curves
- NEW - Accurate, large level and gain change meters, with peak and loudness level visualization. The loudness level complies with the Momentary mode of the EBU R128 / ITU-R 1770 standards
- NEW - Smooth lookahead (up to 20 ms), which can be enabled/disabled to ensure zero latency processing
- NEW - Retina support on OS X and High DPI support on Windows
- Intelligent Format-AUto Gain
- External side chain triggering
- NEW - Hold (up to 500 ms)
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration
- NEW - Custom knee, variable from hard knee to a 72 dB soft knee (to enable saturation-like effects)
- Stereo and mono plug-ins available
- Format-AUto Release
- NEW - Optional MIDI triggering
- Super-fast attack times
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces
- NEW - Up to 4x oversampling
- MIDI Learn
- Variable stereo linking and mid/side processing, with mid-only, side-only, M > S and S > M processing.
- Undo/redo and A/B comparison
- NEW - Format-AUdition Triggering option, which enables users to hear on which parts of the Format-AUdio Pro-C 2 is triggering and how much compression is taking place
- Smart Parameter Interpolation
- NEW - Multiple interface sizes: Small, Medium and Large
- Sample-accurate Format-AUtomation of all parameters
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints
- Available in VST, Format-VST3, Format-AUdio Units, Format-AAX Native and Format-AudioSuite formats (all both 64-bit and 32-bit), as well as Format-RTAS (32-bit only)
- MacOS 10.12 Sierra and above
- Windows Vista and above (32 and 64-bit)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
AAX Native, AU, VST2, and VST3