EastWest Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition Diamond
Orchestra Virtual Instrument
Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition is the highly anticipated expansion to Hollywood Orchestra, the best-selling and most awarded orchestral virtual instrument ever produced. It includes brand new pristine recordings, reimagined original content, and powerful new features, all housed in our new revolutionary OPUS software engine.
Produced by Doug Rogers and Nick Phoenix, recipients of over 100 international industry Awards, and sound engineered by multiple Academy Award and BAFTA winner Shawn Murphy, Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition is the culmination of years of recording and programming and will set a new industry standard for achieving professional-sounding orchestral soundtracks.
Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition includes the new Opus software and a companion product Hollywood Orchestrator, a must-have tool for composers of every skill level who want to achieve that Hollywood blockbuster sound quickly.
Brand New Recordings and Reimagined Original Content
Brand new recordings include a new 18 violin string section for Hollywood Strings, new ensembles for Hollywood Brass and Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds, plus new string, brass, and wind multi ensembles.
The programming of the original content from Hollywood Orchestra has been updated to take advantage of the features included in the new Opus software engine, as well as the Hollywood Solo Instrument Series (now included in this expansion). Particular focus was placed on Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds. After improving the original woodwinds, new ensembles were recorded, including 3 bassoons, 3 clarinets, and 3 flutes.
Powerful New Controls
New control features include Master keyswitches where all articulations can be fully customized in the new OPUS articulation palette. You can also customize the sound of each instrument using the new MOODS feature.
- Classic Mood is the original Hollywood Orchestra sound.
- Soft Mood modifies the sound for slower, more emotional passages.
- Epic Mood does the opposite, giving you a sound perfectly suited for your next Action Adventure score.
Each mood changes the settings and the look of the interface, which has been completely redesigned and stylized for Hollywood Strings, Hollywood Brass, Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds, Hollywood Percussion, Hollywood Solo Violin, Hollywood Solo Cello, and Hollywood Harp.
In addition, we simplified all instrument versions down to LITE and MAX, making Hollywood Strings in particular much easier to navigate. The MOODS feature was programmed for the Diamond editions that include all mic positions mixed by Shawn Murphy.
That Magical Hollywood Sound
In addition, Shawn Murphy has created special mic mixes for Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition, including an additional recorded mic position for all new instrument ensembles that is made up of all "off-axis" close mics that were open, but not played directly into. This extra mic position is perfect for capturing the larger sound of EastWest Studio One, the home of countless Hollywood film and television scores.
All mic positions are available in the Diamond version and for ComposerCloud Plus subscribers. One mic position is available for the Gold version and for regular ComposerCloud subscribers. ComposerCloud X members get an extra mic position than Gold.
Revolutionary New Opus Software Engine
EastWest's brand new OPUS software engine replaces PLAY and has been years in development. "Many improvements were made to the PLAY software engine over the last decade but we suddenly had a unique opportunity," says producer Doug Rogers, "we were able to bring Wolfgang Kundrus in as head of software development. He was the mastermind behind the creation of Cubase, Nuendo, and Studio One. Then we were able to bring in Wolfgang Schneider, the creator of Kontakt. With these two titans of music software development now on our team, we decided it was time to develop a brand new software engine from the ground up.
The OPUS software engine is the realization of this effort. Not only is it faster, more powerful, more flexible, and better looking than PLAY, it comes with some incredible new features such as individual instrument downloads, the ability to start playing instruments while they're loading, customized key-switches, new effects for the mixer page, scaleable retina GUI upgrades for legacy products, a powerful new script language, and many more features that allow you to completely customize the sound of each instrument. It's one of the most exciting developments in the history of our company and will be the launching pad for many exciting new products in the future."
In addition to the new Opus software, we are releasing a companion arranger tool, Hollywood Orchestrator, which works inside of Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition just like WordBuilder works inside Hollywood Choirs.
Developed in collaboration with Sonuscore, Hollywood Orchestrator uses all the instruments in Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition to create real-time arrangements based on your MIDI input with our innovative Scoring Engine.
- Build your own rhythms and scores with the StepEditor.
- Create Patterns with a length up to 4 bars.
- Get started quickly with more than 400 Presets in different categories and moods.
- There are playable full orchestral articulations and MIDI record and export.
- It's the whole Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition right at your fingertips with up to 16 Patches across all instrument sections.
Hollywood Orchestrator is the perfect tool both for new composers who want to get that magical Hollywood sound quickly and effortlessly and for professional composers who need to produce large amounts of compositions on a deadline.
You can customize each preset or create your own with this powerful simple to use arranger tool.
Please note: Hollywood Orchestrator requires Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition, it is not a standalone product, and is not compatible with the original Hollywood Orchestra or Hollywood Solo Instruments which are now included in the Opus Edition with the newly recorded instruments.
- Includes Hollywood Orchestrator ($199 value)
- Includes Opus Software
- Includes Hollywood Orchestra new content and reimagined original content
- Includes all Hollywood Solo Instruments ($299 value)
- Storage space required - 950GB
- 24bit / 44.1khz files and all mic positions.
- CPU: Quad-core (four cores), running at 2.7 GHz (or above)
- RAM: 16 GB
- OS: macOS 10.13 (or later); Windows 10 with ASIO sound drivers
- Storage: Any SSD
- CPU: Octa-core (eight cores), running at 2.7 GHz (or above)
- RAM: 32 GB or more
- OS: macOS 10.13 (or later); Windows 10 with ASIO sound drivers
- Storage: NVMe SSD
- EastWest Opus Standalone 1.0+
- Ableton Live 9.0+
- Apple Logic Pro 10.0+
- Apple Garageband 3.0+
- Avid Pro Tools 11.0+
- Bitwig Studio 2.5+
- Cockos Reaper 4.0+
- Image-Line FL Studio 20+
- Motu Digital Performer 8.0+
- Steinberg Cubase 7.5+
- Steinberg Nuendo 6.0+
- PreSonus Studio One 3.0+
- VSL Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.0+
- Avid Sibelius 7.0+
- MakeMusic Finale 25.0+
- Steinberg Dorico 2.2+
Sibelius / Finale / Dorico notation programs work with Opus, but do not support the full feature set of some EastWest Libraries, such as those that use WordBuilder.
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and above
- Windows 7 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 16GB RAM or more (32GB or more recommended)
AAX Native, AU, VST2, and Standalone
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.