Divergent Audio Group Chordscape
Ambient Tape Soundscape Virtual Instrument for Kontakt Full
Chordscape is an ambient infinite tape playback machine designed to create evolving modulated dark ambient soundscapes but can be used for all sorts of different sound design scenarios.
Chordscape is now at Version 1.2 with many new features and snapshots included. Updates include:
- Start/stop playback using a key-switch (either colored Red or Green) at the bottom of the virtual keyboard. MIDI note 31
- The Mute key-switches have been assigned to key switches MIDI notes 24, 26, 28 & 29
- The range of re-pitch keys has been greatly expanded to now cover 4 octaves
- When using the sound browser Chordscape now immediately starts to play the selected sound, no longer waiting for you to close the browser. This way you can audition sounds whilst the sound browser is open
- Improved repitch engine
- Keyswitch assigned to the sequencer Start/Stop button
- Independent start/stop key switches for each sequencer track
- Sequencer presets now load from disk
- 55 additional sequencer presets included
- 200 brand new snapshots. Now includes a total of 441 snapshots!
Chordscape contains 8GB of sound designed content derived from acoustic instruments, natural recordings, sound design, outboard effects and synthesizers.
Each sound has been carefully created from scratch to fit the engine and philosophy of the library by our good friend Erick McNerney.
There are 4 sound sources, an inbuilt browser system, 4 dedicated sequencers and multiple assignable effects.
The unique feature of Chordscape is that it is designed to emulate a tape machine.
Once you start the Chordscape engine running you can create movement by modulating and automating parameters as it plays.
This gives incredibly unique evolving sounds that never stop!
13 Sound Categories
With 4 sounds sources, each with 13 sound categories you could get lost in Chordsape for days.
All sounds are accessible using the pop-up browser system and mixer settings are retained per sound.
If you don't know how to use snapshots in Kontakt then you don't know what you are missing.
They load quicker, can be organised better and shared easier than using a bunch of nkis.
Chordscape ships with 421 snapshots in 10 different categories to get you started. Categories are:
- Leads (with pedals)
- Pulses, Risers and More
- Sound Design
Please ensure you place the snapshots in the correct location on your computer to get the most out of Chordscape.
Chordscape allows nearly every single control to be modulated over time.
With a dedicated pop-up modulation system with between 4 and 128 steps per conrol it is possible to create pulses, stepped sequences or long smooth progressions and adjust the speed individually for every control.
Chordscape can be used in many different ways but it excels at creating infinite ambient soundscapes, pads and moving textures.
Once you start Chordscape running it never stops, it will run forever and can be made to never repeat itself.
For this reason Chordscape is truly in a league of it's own.
We've used it to generate chilled-out, spaced-out ambience for hours on end.
We've gone to the shops and come back to find it still churning out never heard before sounds.
Chordscapes contains 4 Send FX slots, each slot can be populated with 1 of 5 FX.
Each channel can then send the signal to each slot.
This makes it very easy to quickly swap effects on the fly without having to re-assign them for each source.
Go even deeper using the Chordscape 4 channel sequencer.
If modulation isn't enough then you can also sequence each sound source individually and snap each sequence to a desired scale.
There are 55 different sequencer patterns included to get you started.
- Native Instruments Kontakt Full 5.5 and above (NOT Kontakt Player)
- MacOS 10.10 Yosemite and above
- Windows 7 and above (32 and 64-bit)
- Intel or AMD CPU
- 4GB RAM or more