Delta Sound Labs Fold
Wavefolding/Distortion Synthesis Plugin
Fold is a distortion synthesis audio effect plug-in that only the engineers at Delta Sound Labs could dream up.
Calling on their background in modular hardware design, the team has found a novel approach to creating warmth and distortion in software.
By using an assortment of modules in an in-series FX chain, Fold imbues input signals with harmonically rich overtones and, if pushed to the extremes, completely transforms them with a unique form of distortion.
At the heart of Fold is its wavefolding engine.
First pioneered by synth legend Don Buchla, wavefolding is the act of folding a wave back on itself after reaching a given threshold.
While this naturally produces distortion and harmonics, Fold also includes a bit crusher module to further smash the input signal.
Fold's combination of oversampling, distortion, and wavefolding results in tones that are timbrally rich on one hand, and over-the-top destroyed on the other, even with simple periodic input signals.
To tame the sound, Fold comes with an analog emulation of a resonant low-pass filter that offers more control over any unhinged results.
Each parameter is also syncable to its own LFO, each with an amount slider and may be synced to a host tempo within a DAW for more creative sound design and mixing effects.
Fold also ships with a number of professionally designed presets that showcase the versatility of its engine.
- Hard and Soft Clip Distortion Morphing
- Bit Crushing
- Analog Low and High Pass Filter Emulations
- Four Syncable LFOs with Mappable Phase Reset Buttons
- Local Mix Sliders on Each Module
- Three LFO Waveform Types
- Mono and Stereo Processing
- Switchable Oversampling
- Factory and User Presets
- On/off buttons for Drive, Fold, Crush, and Low Pass filter sections
- Local mix sliders for Drive, Fold, Crush, and Low Pass filter sections
- Drive/Fold Link button to allow concurrent use of both parameters with one slider
- FX is now a true Dry/Wet control
- Envelope follower to control FX amount relative to the peak amplitude of the audio input
- Hard sync/phase lock for LFO sections
- Visual feedback for LFO rate
- Oversampling factor UI
- Output volume graphical UI slider
- Stereo spread feature for use with true stereo inputs
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and above
- Windows 10 and above (32 and 64-bit)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
AAX Native, AU, VST3
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.