Cherry Audio Quadra
Synthesizer Virtual Instrument
The Cherry Audio Quadra is a super-accurate and immensely improved emulation of the ARP Quadra synthesizer, originally released in 1978 - a rare and coveted "unicorn" instrument in the synthesizer world, reproduced for the first time as a virtual instrument.
Cherry Audio's Quadra introduces improvements throughout every section, bringing out the full potential of the original ARP design. Each instrument section can now be layered anywhere across the keyboard, and we've increased transposition ranges for most sections.
The paraphonic Poly Synthesizer section has been beefed up with an additional octave, optional oscillator drift, velocity control, new modulation capabilities (including pulse-width modulation), and additional waveforms. The Lead Synthesizer section has been enhanced with a more powerful arpeggiator, additional waveforms, adjustable note priority, and numerous other small improvements. We've turned the Quadra's rudimentary LFO into a full-featured, multi-waveform, tempo-syncable LFO. We've added a deeply flexible bender section that allows pitch bend wheel data to independently bend pitches and modulate filter cutoff for each instrument section.
We modeled the ARP Quadra's 14-stage phaser, and added additional effects - chorus/flanger, echo, and reverb - that can also be turned on and off independently for each instrument section. Imagine strings bathed in reverb, a poly synth slowly phasing and flanging, and a lead synth with a slapback delay, all layered together to create a beautiful swirling pad. The sound design possibilities are endless!
Four Sides Live
Quadra includes a multiple-out version for maximum flexibility. The standard "Quadra" instance mixes the four sections to a summed output. "Quadra Multi Out" includes five sets of outputs: a standard stereo mix, plus dry independent outputs for each section, as found on the original hardware.
Quadra includes over 450 presets from a diverse, all-star team of sound designers:
Led by veteran sound designer James Terris, we enlisted the help of Julie Kathryn, Huston Singletary, Katharine Fountain, Dave Polich, and Brendan Dreaper to create over 450 stunning Quadra presets. Each sound designer brings their own style and character to the process, and the results are awe-inspiring.
- Over 450 presets, programmed by industry veterans
- All four sections superbly recreated
- Poly Synthesizer includes Drift control for increased analog realism
- Independent key range assignment for all four instrument sections
- Precisely replicated phase shifter with multiple mod sources
- Tempo-syncable LFO
- Multi-out instance allows separate processing of each instrument section
- Improved arpeggiator section w/tempo sync
- Accurately emulated "Touch Sensor" aftertouch section
- Highly optimized coding for high performance with ultra-low CPU load
- User-adjustable oversampling control
- Advanced one-click UI magnification
- Full MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls
- Quadra is available in AU, VST, VST3, AAX, and standalone formats
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and above
- Windows 7 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 8GB RAM or more
AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3, and Standalone