Cherry Audio Mercury-4
Polyphonic Synthesizer Virtual Instrument
Mercury-4 is a detailed emulation of one of the best-sounding and quirkiest polyphonic synthesizers of the late 1970s, the Roland Jupiter-4. It's the rarest and most sonically unique of the fabled Jupiter series, and we’ve gone to great lengths to recreate the subtle (and not-so-subtle) nuances and character of this beloved classic. Every aspect of Mercury-4 has been expertly modeled upon a vintage Jupiter-4 originally owned by Greg Hawkes of the legendary 80s new wave band The Cars, and played on their double-platinum 1981 album Shake It Up. In Greg's words, Mercury-4 "sounds just like my old Jupiter! It's nice to have it back."
The Jupiter-4 had its share of disadvantages, including limited patch storage, just four voices of polyphony, and boat-anchor weight. Cherry Audio's Mercury-4 improves upon the original's design by offering 16-voice polyphony, infinite patch storage, velocity sensitivity, MPE support, and much more. We've even paired it with a fantastic model of the classic Space Echo tape delay.
Mercury-4 lovingly recreates Jupiter-4's bold and unusual analog oscillators, powerful dual filters, and easily overdriveable VCA section. We went to great lengths to perfectly replicate the unique arpeggiator section, heard on tons of classic new wave tracks, as well as the original's two massive unison modes. We've added a Drift knob to dial in just the right amount of vintage character. The renowned stereo BBD ensemble effect has been beautifully modeled, and we’ve also added a truly other-worldly "Space Echo"-style tape echo with multiple reverb modes. The tape echo perfectly recreates the warm tonality and subtle speed variations that make the original Space Echo units so desirable.
Mercury-4 is packed with over 400 killer presets, including the Jupiter-4's legendary front-panel factory presets, and 75 presets from acclaimed sound designer Huston Singletary.
- Authentically modeled oscillator with sub-oscillator
- All filter characteristics modeled, including powerful low-frequency resonance
- Up to 16-voice polyphony
- Over 400 presets, programmed by industry veterans
- Exactingly replicated unique arpeggio section w/tempo sync
- Carefully modeled wide-range LFO modulation with "inverted" mod characteristics
- Drift control for increased analog realism
- Precisely replicated stereo ensemble effect
- Warm and organic tape echo with multiple reverb modes
- Tempo-syncable LFO
- Detunable unison mode
- Single-key chord memory mode
- Highly optimized coding for high performance with ultra-low CPU load
- User-adjustable oversampling control
- Advanced one-click UI magnification
- Comprehensive MPE support
- Full MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls
- MacOS 10.9 Mavericks and above
- Windows 7 and above (64-bit only)
- Quad-core Intel / AMD / Apple Silicon CPU or better
- 8GB RAM or more
AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3, and Standalone (all 64-bit only)