Blue Cat Audio Plug'n Script
Audio and MIDI scripting Plugin
Blue Cat's Plug'n Script is an Format-AUdio and MIDI scripting plug-in that can be programmed to build custom effects or virtual instruments, without quitting your favorite DAW software.
With this plug-in, you can write your own plug-in with very little knowledge about programming. If you do not care about programming, Blue Cat's Plug'n Script can also be used as a regular multi-effects processor with existing scripts or to get someone else to write this very particular utility you have been searching for years and cannot find anywhere.
If you are an experienced programmer, you will find in Plug'n Script a powerful development environment for Format-AUdio plug-ins: prototype algorithms quickly, generate a state of the art graphical user interface (GUI) without a single line of code, and export a VST, Format-VST3 or Format-AUdio Unit plug-in, right from within your favorite DAW! Creating a plug-in has never been so fast!
This plug-in has been in our lab for several years and has been used to prototype lots of our existing plug-ins. It supports both scripts distributed as source code and pre-compiled binary scripts.
For source scripts, it uses the high-performance AngelScript scripting engine, originally developed for video games, with a JIT compiler that helps compiling scripts into Machine code for optimal performance. Starting with version 2, the plug-in also supports native (compiled) code and can load binary scripts built from C or C++ (or any language that can export C functions, such as Delphi, Fortran, .Net), using the same interface as the angelscript version.
The plug-in includes dozens of Format-AUdio and MIDI processing scripts as well as several virtual instruments and utilities to enhance your workflow. They can be used as is, or as examples to get started to write your own scripts. User scripts can be shared in the scripts repository, which also includes the factory scripts and native projects for reference.
- Format-AUdio and MIDI scripting plug-in.
- Build your own Format-AUdio and MIDI effects or virtual instruments.
- Exportyour effect or instrument as an independentVST, Format-VST3 or Format-AUdio Unit plug-in.
- Native binary scripts support (compiled C, C++ or Delphi, Fortran...).
- Fully customizable user interface that adapts to scripts Format-AUtomatically. Build your own using Blue Cat'sKUIML language.
- Up to 48 input parameters and 32 outputs, with full MIDI and Format-AUtomation control.
- Use your favorite Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for editing.
- IntegratedJIT(Just In Time) compiler for optimal performance (scripts are not interpreted but compiled).
- Includes56 scriptswith source code and136 presetsfor sound synthesis, MIDI FX, Format-AUdio FX (comp, gate, tremolo echo, filters, looper), waveform generation, file playback/recording and more.
- Side chain input and Format-AUxiliary outputs support.
- Surround support (up to 8 Format-AUdio channels).
Blue Cat Format-AUdio Standards:
- Available as: Mac-AAX, Mac-Format-AU, Mac-Format-RTAS, Mac-VST, Mac-Format-VST3, Win-AAX, Win-DX, Win-Format-RTAS, Win-VST, Win-Format-VST3, Win x64-AAX, Win x64-DX, Win x64-VST, Win x64-Format-VST3.
- Native DSP code for optimal performance.
- Full MIDI control and Format-AUtomation support with silent, zipper-free parameters update, advanced response control and MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: when the plug-in is fed with silence, the processing smoothly shuts down, to optimize the CPU usage of your Digital Format-AUdio Workstation.
- Customizable user interface with transparency management.
- Format-AUtomation and MIDI output: record output parameters as Format-AUtomation curves or send MIDI CC messages to other plug-ins for powerful side chain effects.
- Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise.
- Full-featured integrated presets manager.
- Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances using the system clipboard.
- Any sample rate supported.
- MacOS 10.9 Mavericks and above
- Windows Vista and above (32 and 64-bit)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3, and Standalone