Blue Cat Audio Destructor
Blue Cat's Destructor is a powerful distortion and amp sim modeling tool capable of simulating any kind of distortion: from harsh digital destruction to smooth compression or guitar amp simulation (works for clean tones too!), and most importantly, yours!
It is delivered with hundreds of presets and predefined models, either inspired by existing gear (guitar & bass amps or cabinets, compressors, pedals, tape Machines) or created by our destructive minds.
But the plug-in is not limited to these predefined models: all parameters of existing presets are fully editable, which gives you access to an unlimited number of distortion simulations - no need to purchase extra presets or amp models to build your custom tone.
Based on a perceptual model rather than on electronic designs or impulse responses, the signal chain is reduced to its bare minimum, simplifying the process of tweaking the tone and making it fit into the mix. You can also load and transform your own impulse responses to add color to your tone.
Thanks to its exclusive adaptive shaper, it is reactive to the playing of instrumentists, providing a very natural feeling, similar to analog gear.
To make the look and feel of the plug-in fit with your favorites tones, it is bundled with more than 1600 visual styles that can be selected separately for each module.
It is also possible to import reference curves measured with Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst Multi to quickly match existing tones.
- Powerful distortion and amp modeling tool.
- Simulate any kind of distortion: analog or digital, guitar and bass amps, saturation, clipping, compression, bit crushing...
- Works for "clean" sounds too.
- Get started with several hundreds of fully editable presets, inspired by real gear.
- More than1600 visual stylesto customize the user experience.
- Control the dynamics with the input gate and compressor.
- Control the tone with the pre and post filters.
- Exclusive shape dynamics control: adapt the tone to the dynamics of the signal.
- Use the internal or external side chain to trigger the distortion.
- Load your own cabinet or reverb impulse responses, transform and mix them with built-in simulations.
- Protect your ears with the output brickwall limiter.
- Comprehensive visual feedback: real-time spectrum analysis, dynamic distortion curve display with embedded signal histograms.
- Load reference curves for tone matching.
- No latency.
Blue Cat Format-AUdio Standards:
- Available as: Mac-AAX, Mac-Format-AU, Mac-Format-RTAS, Mac-VST, Mac-Format-VST3, Win-AAX, Win-DX, Win-Format-RTAS, Win-VST, Win-Format-VST3, Win x64-AAX, Win x64-DX, Win x64-VST, Win x64-Format-VST3.
- Native DSP code for optimal performance.
- Full MIDI control and Format-AUtomation support with silent, zipper-free parameters update, advanced response control and MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: when the plug-in is fed with silence, the processing smoothly shuts down, to optimize the CPU usage of your Digital Format-AUdio Workstation.
- Customizable user interface with transparency management.
- Format-AUtomation and MIDI output: record output parameters as Format-AUtomation curves or send MIDI CC messages to other plug-ins for powerful side chain effects.
- Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise.
- Full-featured integrated presets manager.
- Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances using the system clipboard.
- Any sample rate supported.
- MacOS 10.9 Mavericks and above
- Windows Vista and above (32 and 64-bit)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
AAX Native, AU, VST2, and VST3