BFD Expansions: Vintage Recording Techniques
Expansion Pack for BFD3
BFD Vintage Recording Techniques is an expansion pack for BFD3 that uses a variety of vintage microphone techniques to capture a beautiful Ludwig Classic Maple drum kit.
The result is a selection of familiar, authentic vintage sounds suitable for rock, pop, blues, and more.
Our engineers used world-renowned drum recording techniques including ORTF, Glyn Johns, and Blumlein. Direct microphones were expertly placed on all kit pieces to ensure the pack has a wide range of mixing possibilities and can deliver authentic drum sounds from vintage to modern.
For the ORTF technique, 2 AKG C451B mics were used. This gave a wide stereo image with excellent mono detail that is perfect for jazz tracks.
A technique that has been used on countless rock records, the spaced pair setup featured 2 AKG C414 XLS large-diaphragm condensers, which created a wide stereo image exhibiting a huge palette of sonic colors.
The Blumlein technique used 2 ribbon microphones configured to give an excellent stereo image and a smooth-sounding ambience.
For the Glyn Johns technique, 2 Neumann TLM103's were used for overheads, which when combined with the snare and kick direct channels provide that classic sound.
- An immensely detailed Ludwig Maple kit for BFD3.
- 29 microphone channels!
- Real drum bleed and drum resonance between the shells.
- 5 vintage recording techniques with infinite mixing possibilities.
- Each kit piece played with sticks and presented in a natural version.
- Perfect for vintage/modern rock, pop, funk, country, and blues.
- A selection of presets to inspire and get you up and running quickly.
- BFD3 version 3.4 or above
- Windows 10 version 1909 and above
- Mac OS 10.12 and above
- 2.0GHz or better
- 4GB RAM or more
- SSD for audio content strongly recommended
- Internet connection for product download
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.