BFD Expansions: Crush
Expansion Pack for BFD3
BFD Crush is an expansion pack for BFD3, BFD2, and BFD Eco, that captures a stunning Crush Drums Sublime AXM drum kit.
Tuned and processed by our in-house engineers to sound loud and proud out of the box, this kit is perfect for all progressive and technical rock and metal genres. It comes with a full complement of Meinl Byzance cymbals, which also includes a range of stacked cymbals.
Our engineers used a range of exceptional microphones perfectly suited for heavier music. The kick drum was recorded in three variations; dampened, fully open, and without the resonant head, and was captured using the infamous Audix D6, Sennheiser E602, and the AKG D112. An AEA R84 ribbon microphone was also used to provide a different texture to the kick.
The kit was recorded with three snares across eight variations, giving you a range of dampened and resonant tones, as well as low and high tunings. Our approach of using a combination of dynamic and condenser microphones on the snare gives you maximum flexibility, and we used a ribbon microphone on the snares too.
We complement the kicks and snares with a set of six tom drums - two floor toms and four rack toms - which allow you to choose whether you want a set of three lower tuned toms, or three higher tuned toms. Or why not load all six toms at once for a huge progressive drum kit! These were recorded with the same microphones as the kick drum to allow you to find the perfect balance of tones between the entire shell set.
Included with the kit are ten cymbals from Meinl, recorded with beautifully smooth condenser microphones. We also included three stacked setups for more aggressive sounds.
Not content to stop there, we also recorded a tiled surface to give some shimmer to your drum kit, and we brought back the infamous PZM microphones from the BFD Eldorado sessions - these microphones give you a huge room sound and can be the foundation of your mix. We also included a mono microphone positioned just in front of the drum kit, which can be crushed to hell and back to really fatten up your productions.
- An immensely detailed Crush Drums kit played with sticks
- A powerful kick drum captured three different ways
- 8 dynamic and full-bodied snare drums
- A set of 6 aggressive sounding toms
- A full complement of Meinl cymbals
- Light amount of processing to get you started
- 10 presets included to push the kit even further
- Perfect for rock, metal, progressive rock and metal, technical metal, and djent
- BFB3 version 3.4 or above
- Windows 10 version 1909 and above
- Mac OS 10.12 and above
- 2.0GHz or better
- 4GB RAM or more
- SSD for audio content strongly recommended
- Internet connection for product download
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.