Best Service Galaxy Vintage D
Grand Piano Virtual Instrument
A legendary grand piano - now a virtual instrument!
Galaxy Instruments has released Galaxy Vintage D, a virtual grand piano that is based on samples of Bauer Studios’ famous 1920 Steinway D, which has served for legendary recordings. This exceptional Steinway concert grand was built in 1920 in Hamburg in the German factory of Steinway & Sons. Over the last 90 years, it has achieved a deep and intimate character and a beautiful singing tone.
Some of the best pianists have recorded legendary albums on this instrument, among them Keith Jarrett, Chick Corea, Carla Bley, Guillermo and Gonzalo Rubalcaba, Abdullah Ibrahim, Wolfgang Dauner, John Taylor and many others. Richie Beirach called it ‘the best piano in the world’.
"Legends" like Neumann U47 and KM53 microphones, old Siemens tube preamps or the Neve console at the Bauer Studios were used to capture the individual warm sounding expression of this exceptional instrument.
Galaxy Vintage D is the first product of the Galaxy Pianos product line, equipped with the new Kontakt engine offering more features, better performance, lossless sample compression and an all-new user interface, designed especially for Galaxy Pianos.
- Based on samples of Bauer Studios’ 1920 Steinway D, featured in legendary recordings
- 13 modelled velocity zones for a wide and smooth dynamic range
- Chromatic mapping
- Over 2000 samples in 24Bit (10GB/5GB with sample compression)
- Chromatic and multiple velocity resonance and release samples
- Multi-velocity pedal, damper, hammer and string noises
- Real una corda samples
- Real overtones
- Powered by Kontakt Player engine
- Kontakt Player license included
- Compatible with Kontakt (Player) 4.2 or newer
- New direct access user interface
- Lossless sample compression for better disk streaming
- True half-pedalling when using a continuous sustain pedal
- True re-pedalling and sostenuto
- Adjustable pedal, hammer, damper and string noises
- Pedal and damper noises dynamically playable with a continuous sustain pedal
- Adjustable lid position
- One-knob control of tone colour and dynamics
- Intelligent EQ for warmth, punch and brilliance
- Sympathetic string resonance with real overtones
- Flexible and easy-to-use velocity editor
- Convolution reverb with many different types of rooms, concert halls and ambience
- Adjustable stereo width and position
- Specially designed compressor for pop piano sounds
- Pad Machine
- Warp Engine for sound design beyond regular piano sounds