AIR Loom II
Additive Synthesizer Virtual Instrument
Explore Additive Synthesis
Loom II is a modular additive synthesizer with a shape-shifting Morph Pad that makes it easy to create rich, swirling, and captivating sounds. The original Loom was considered a triumph of its time when it was launched. Now, Loom II builds on this with unique and powerful new features as requested by our loyal users.
Loom II takes a unique modular approach to additive synthesis, a synthesis technique that involves combining simple waveforms together to create complex sounds, by enabling anyone to select from and combine 34 editable modules. Create anything from wobbles, organs, ethereal pads, ambient soundscapes and so much more. The programmable Morph Pad brings your Loom II patches to life by morphing between user-defined variations of your patch, adding motion and momentum that continuously evolve.
New for LOOM 2
- Loom II has been expanded to 8 voices by popular request!
- Spectral Noise section allowing a secondary oscillator to replace or enrich the additive spectrum (created with the Sine Oscillator) with a noise spectrum. This is truly revolutionary in the additive world. Your creativity is the only limit to what is possible!
- 4 new modules (See module section)
- 2 additional Subharmonic Optional Partials below the normal spectrum.
- Enhanced Morph Pad options.
- 500 all-new patches covering a wide range of sounds designed by acclaimed sound designers Richard Devine and Mark Ovenden.
- All original 350 patches re-mastered taking advantage of the new features.
- New Wave Parameter options
- 20+ other performance enhancements.
Mix & Match Modules
Loom II delivers up to 512 harmonic partials per patch and uses an intuitive modular design to create complex sounds quickly and easily. Each of the 34 editable modules performs a specific sonic task - Octaver, Second Tone, Moving Filter, Noise, Linear Lowpass, Modulator, etc. The Loom II framework provides a series of cells, where up to 10 of these modules can interact combine to generate an additive synthesis patch. Each module includes task-specific parameters for detailed, individual control of the patch. For real-time visual feedback of your sound, each module includes a spectrum window, offering a visual indication of how that module is affecting the individual harmonics of the sound.
Four new powerful modules:
- 5-Sines – An easy-to-use module enabling you to produce a range of organ or sine style sounds.
- Discrete Adder – Similar to Loom 1’s popular adder, but adding a discrete spectrum ideal for creating percussion-based synth instruments.
- Hype – adding Hi and Low Hype with dedicated easy-to-use controls for instant results.
- Double Wave – for our more advanced users: Use dual waves to create complex synth patterns. We have also added a dedicated control for this in the Morph pad.
Make Your Music Move
Loom II's Morph Pad is a powerful tool that adds dynamics and movement to your patches. Using a condensed set of control knobs, Loom II enables you to quickly create up to four variations of your sound, and assign each one to a different quadrant of the Morph Pad. Point, click, and drag anywhere on the Morph Pad to create a morph path. As the sound moves along this patch, you will hear it morph in real time between your four variations. This morphing can be free-form or set to sync up to a particular musical unit—1 bar, 4 bars, etc. Plus, each segment of the morph path can be synced individually. In Loom II, we have expanded our highly-acclaimed morph pad by allowing Points/Paths to be stored and restored separately. We have also added a new X-Axis mode enabling it to perform like an envelope, which is ideal for rhythmical morph patterns. For this new mode, Snap/Grid is also available. Additionally, for expanded creativity, you can now use parameters not linked to the Morph.
Stunning Sound Design
Loom II comes packed with sounds. Acclaimed sound designers Richard Devine and Mark Ovenden have created 850+ professional, tweakable patches that include wobbles, pads, bass, soundscapes, and more. 500 all-new presets for LOOM II and 350 re-mastered presets from LOOM I. You can tweak, analyze, and customize their sounds to make them your own, or dig deep and begin creating your own additive sounds from scratch. For sonic inspiration, Loom II’s Smart Sound Randomizer instantly generates new parameters - or a new mix of modules- to jump-start your sound design sessions. All parameters can be mapped for MIDI control. Additional preset packs are available free of charge and for purchase from 3rd-party partners to provide additional creativity.
More than Modules
Each Loom II patch begins with editable Spectral Distortion and Spectral Modulation controls that influence the overall sound. Three LFOs provide tempo syncable modulation sources that any module can access. Four velocity-sensitive Envelope Generators add an extra layer of control that can change and evolve over time. Octave control, global pitch, glide time, and other patch-specific controls offer additional tools for your custom sound-shaping experience.
Onboard effects add extra expression to your customized additive sound creations. Using the drive or distortion on an additive sound can produce an aggressive edge or introduce rich harmonic changes. Modulation effects include a chorus and a phaser. Each adds remarkable depth and motion to your sound. Loom II also includes a reverb effect to help your sound sit in the mix, or to create an expansive audio environment.
- MacOS 10.8.5 Mountain Lion - 11 Big Sur (Intel only)
- Windows 7 SP1, 8, or 10
- Core Duo CPU or better (i5 or higher recommended)
- 4GB RAM or more (8GB or more recommended)
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- An iLok USB key is optional, NOT required
- AAX Native (64-bit only)
- Audio Units (64-bit only)
- VST2 (32 and 64-bit)
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.