AAS Sound Packs: Funky Cat
Expansion Pack for Strum GS-2 & Free AAS Player
What's included with my purchase?
- Sound pack for Strum GS-2
- AAS Player plug-in (VST, AU, AAX)
- Serial number
- Installation instructions
With Funky Cat, sound designer Niall McCallum transports Strum GS-2 to the golden era of funk—the foundational experiments in groove from the likes of Sly & The Family Stone, James Brown, and The Meters. From choppy 16th-note riffs loaded with tight, muted stabs to slick rhythmic chord progressions, this kaleidoscopic new set takes the very best from the forefathers of the game and sends the whole package hurtling into the present. Classic chorus, spring reverb, and the indisputable hallmark of funk, the wah-wah, put in the work in the 84 guitar sounds of this fantastic collection. Further, 12 styles deliver 84 smooth strumming patterns that stand in readiness to thrust your extended chords into full-on hypnotic grooves.
Who’s Niall McCallum?
Niall McCallum is the co-founder of ModeAudio - a small but passionately dedicated team of sound designers and music lovers based in the UK, specializing in music loops, samples, and bespoke preset design for some of the world’s best-loved music technology. Niall and his team's credits include a wide selection of drum and percussion samples that comes pre-packaged with FL Studio, and custom sound design for Native Instruments, Bitwig, Intua, and many others.
Works Two Ways
Funky Cat was created with the Strum GS-2 acoustic and electric guitars. You can obviously play and edit the sounds in Strum GS-2, but you can also access and play them via the free AAS Player included with your Funky Cat purchase.
- AAS Strum GS-2 (sold separately) OR AAS Player (included)
- MacOS 10.11 El Capitan and above
- Windows 10 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3, and Standalone
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.