Overloud GEM Comp LA
2 Optical Compressor Plugins
Optical Compressor Suite
Overloud Comp LA is the revolutionary simulation of two legendary optical compressors into a single plug-in. The 2A version is tube-based and delivers a warmer, harmonically rich tone. The 3A version is solid-state based and has a faster attack, cleaner tone.
- Hyper-realistic simulation of the opto-attenuator and of the dual-stage release curve
- Built-in Mid-Side Processing
- Built-in Parallel Compression
- User-controllable harmonic generation amount and metering
- LF sensitivity (R37) control
- User-selectable Ultra Oversampling mode
- Low CPU usage: more than 500 instances on a Macbook Pro Retina
- Multilevel undo-redo
- A/B Comparison
- Scribble Strips: take notes anywhere on the plugin panel
- Meter Calibration: calibrate the VU meters at 4 different sensibilities
Beyond the Original Hardware
Comp LA extends the features of the original hardware: it combines the flexibility of the digital world with the sound character of analog processing.
Two Models in One Plugin
Select the 2A (Tube) mode with a harmonically richer tone, and the 3A (Solid State) mode with a faster attack time and a more transparent tone.
You can control the amount of generated harmonics. Increase or reduce their content compared to the original behavior and monitor its amount through the meter.
Mid-Side and Parallel
You can separately compress the Mono (Mid) and Stereo (side) elements of the track as well as enable the Parallel Compression without using an external bus or MS matrix.
The 2A model has the electro-luminescent light powered by a tube, while the 3A uses transistors. Tubes can provide less current than transistors, so their response to attack transients is softer and has more harmonics due to the slight distortion introduced.
Opto Attenuator and Dual Stage Release
At the heart of the original unit, there is a photo-cell coupled with an opto-attenuator, which are faithfully reproduced into the Comp LA plug-in.
The photo-cell provides a very natural dual-stage release which results in a very characteristic compression response, more transparent than that of other compressors:
70 ms for the first half of the release
500 ms to 5000 ms for the second half of the release (depends on first stage reduction)
- MacOS 10.9 Mavericks and above
- Windows 10 and above (32 and 64-bit)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 4GB RAM or more
- 1280x800 screen resolution or higher
- Includes 3 activations per license
User Manual Mac Trial Windows Trial
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.