VSL Vienna Instruments: Jazz Drums
Drumkit Virtual Instruments
With Vienna Jazz Drums, the Vienna Symphonic Library brings a decade of experience in sampling and software development to the art of jazz drumming. Not only did we record single hits using every conceivable drum technique and articulation, we've also captured the sonic variety inherent in each instrument by hitting it in multiple places.
Want to play from the center of the head to the rim of the shell? Just move the modulation wheel and the variety and liveliness of your performance becomes jaw-dropping. Special attention was given to the ride cymbal, responsible for the characteristic quarter note pulse of many Jazz tunes. Tempo, playing zone, velocity, as well as the number of times the cymbal is hit in the context of the music contribute to the sound of this versatile and sensitive instrument, rendering an absolutely authentic performance.
From accompaniment to solos, Vienna Jazz Drums is perfect for swing and latin grooves, big band, bebop, and ballads.
Good news for Vienna Instrument PRO users: the new Vienna Jazz Drums includes a set of drum loops for the internal Auto Playback and Pattern sequencer (APP) of Vienna Instruments PRO.
- Exclusive customized '60s Rogers drum set, Paiste 2002 signature snare drum prototype and original 60’s Avedis Zildjian cymbals
- Snare, bass drum, hi-hat, 2 toms, ride and crash cymbal, recorded with close and room microphones at Vienna’s famed Silent Stage
- Great variety of playing techniques: Single strokes, flams, rim shots, ruffs, rolls, press rolls, stick on stick, cross-stick (all styles include various repetition patterns).
- Extensive brush set: Tip, tap, flat, flams, bouncing strokes, legato strokes and more.
- Different kinds of swishes: Normal, circles, 6/8, samba swishes.
- “Speed Control”: Your playing speed is used as a controller to achieve realistic repetitive performances (essential for the sonic behavior of brush swishes and cymbals).
- GM drum set mapping included.
- Customized Vienna Suite settings for the entire set
- Ready-made mixing environment in Vienna Ensemble and Vienna Ensemble PRO.
- Includes MIDI drum loops for the internal APP sequencer of Vienna Instruments PRO.
- 14 GB of sample data in 44.1kHz/24bit (uncompressed data size)
- Sample Amount: 11,587
- Download File Size: 3.4 GB
- Installed File Size: 9.5 GB
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and above
- Windows 8.1 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 8GB RAM or more (16GB or more recommended)
- 9GB free storage space
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Cloud and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2