VSL Synchron-ized Cornett
Cornett Virtual Instrument
This Historic Winds Pack brings the cornett (or zink – not to be confused with the trumpet-like cornet) from our acclaimed VI Historic Winds II Collection to Stage A of Synchron Stage Vienna. It has been re-edited and optimized for the Vienna Synchron Player, increasing both the flexibility and ease of use of all articulations for a quick and creative workflow.
The cornett was a popular wind instrument of the Renaissance and Baroque periods. Its conical wooden pipe is about 61 centimeters (24 inches) long and covered in leather. There are no valves but six front finger holes as well as a thumb hole on the back, as on the recorder. The cup mouthpiece is usually made of horn, ivory, or bone and it takes a lot of practice to achieve pure intonation. The cornett is a very agile instrument covering the soprano and sopranino registers with a key range of almost three octaves. Especially in the high register the timbre is reminiscent of a blend of a soft piccolo trumpet playing mezzoforte and a female voice.
The Synchron Player's integrated convolution reverb adds the outstanding ambience of the 540 m2 (5,813 sq.ft.) main hall of Synchron Stage Vienna to the dry samples in real-time. Expertly crafted mixer presets place the instrument at its perfect spot on stage, resulting in a production-ready sound "out of the box" that blends seamlessly with the instruments of SYNCHRON-ized Woodwinds as well as with every other product in the Synchron Series.
- Sample Amount: 4,572
- Download File Size: 537.7 MB
- Installed File Size: 1.3 GB
- Portato short and long
- Repetitions legato, portato, staccato
- Sustained normal and marcato
- Legato normal and fast
- Sforzato, fortepiano, sforzatissimo
- Crescendo and diminuendo, 2/3/4 sec.
- Piano-forte-piano, 2/4/6 sec.
- Fast repetitions between 140 and 200 BPM
- MacOS 10.14 Mojave and above
- Windows 10 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 8GB RAM or more (16GB or more recommended)
- 1GB free storage space
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Cloud and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3, and Standalone