VSL Vienna Instruments: Glass Instruments
Unique Glass Virtual Instruments
The glass harmonica was invented in 1761. Mozart wrote several pieces for this instrument.
The hemispherical glass bowls which rotate around a horizontal axis driven by a pedal were rediscovered only in the last decades of the 19th century.
Sounds are produced by touching the rotating glasses with moistened fingertips. Today, the glass harmonica is an absolute rarity, with roughly ten professional players worldwide.
Another rather rarely encountered jewel is the verrophone (from the french word "la verre" for glass).
The youngest of the glass instruments was developed only 20 years ago in Germany.
Chromatically tuned glass tubes are rubbed with moistened fingers like the musical glasses, but are also struck with mallets.
The lingering, atmospheric sound is highly esteemed by modern composers due to its extraordinary intensity.
The musical glasses present one of the oldest forms of making music and sounds with glasses.
The instrument consists of several custom-made wine glasses.
In order to get different pitches the musical glasses are filled with varying amounts of water.
The musical glasses sampled by the Vienna Symphonic Library have a chromatic range from G3 to G6.
The glass instruments are rounded off by the bottles which are blown with articulations such as sustains and flutter tonguing.
- Sample Amount: 4022
- Download File Size: 3.5GB
- Installed File Size: 6.3GB
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and above
- Windows 8.1 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel Core i3 / AMD Athlon 64 X2 CPU or better
- 8GB RAM or more (16GB or more recommended)
- 6GB free storage space
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Cloud and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.
Get a free upgrade to Ozone 10
This offer is valid until Ozone 10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- Ozone 9 Standard
- Ozone 9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- Ozone 9 Standard - Upgrade from Ozone 5-8 Standard or Advanced
- Ozone 9 Advanced
- Ozone 9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- Ozone 9 Advanced - Upgrade from Ozone 5-8 Advanced
- Mix & Master Bundle Advanced
- Mix & Master Bundle Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- Mix & Master Bundle Advanced - Upgrade from Ozone 1-9 Standard
- Music Production Suite 5 Universal Edition
- Music Production Suite 5 Universal Edition - Upgrade from Music Production Suite 4.1
- iZotope Everything Bundle - Upgrade from Music Production Bundle or Music Production Suite 1-4