VSL Vienna Instruments: Dimension Brass II
Orchestral Brass Virtual Instruments
Muted & Mighty
- Trumpet ensemble (4 muted trumpets)
- Horn ensemble (4 muted French horns)
- Trombone ensemble (4 muted tenor trombones)
- Wagner tuba ensemble (4 players)
Vienna Dimension Brass I features three muted brass ensembles of four players each (all trumpets, trombones, and French horns were recorded with "straight mutes") as well as a unique ensemble of four Wagner tubas that you'll scarcely find in any other library!
Wagner tubas were originally created for Wagner's 16-hour epic opera cycle “Der Ring des Nibelungen“ that he composed between 1848 and 1874 (with some interruptions).
Wagner was inspired by instrument maker Adolphe Sax, the inventor of the saxophone, and sought a particularly noble and somber sound like that of a trombone but with a less incisive, mellow tone, like that of a French horn.
Actually, the Wagner tuba is a special type of tenor horn and the term “tuba” is therefore misleading, as the mouthpiece and the fingering are identical to the French horn.
Consequently, these instruments are traditionally played by horn players in the orchestra.
Besides the monumental “Ring” cycle Wagner tubas occasionally appear in orchestral works of other composers, such as Anton Bruckner (7th, 8th, and 9th Symphony), Richard Strauss (Elektra, An Alpine Symphony), Igor Stravinski (Firebird in its original version of 1910, Le Sacre du Printemps), Arnold Schönberg (Gurre-Lieder) and Edgar Varese (Arcana).
As with Vienna Dimension Brass I, the players of these ensembles were recorded in groups using dedicated microphones for each of the four players, resulting in a homogeneous sound while still allowing direct (individual) access to each voice.
NEW: Extended Articulations
While the Standard Library includes all basic articulations, the Full Library has been expanded with a set of all-new articulations, providing even more variations, nuances and possibilities of expression.
The new performance glissandos were recorded up to a tritone for the trombones and even up to an octave for the trumpets and French horns. They can be seamlessly combined with the legato performances.
The new medium sustained notes are available in six dynamic layers and are not looped, providing the instruments’ all-natural decay. You may crossfade between different dynamic layers by using a continuous controller in order to get natural and seamless transitions – from a mellow tone color to an assertive, stinging brass sound and back.
What's more, we've added recorded crescendos and diminuendos of one, two, and three seconds length that are absolutely crucial when it comes to ultra-realistic brass performances. Last but not least, the new long portatos of approximately half a second in length fill the gap between the existing short and long sustained notes.
- Sample Amount: 122,976
- Download File Size: 9.8 GB
- Installed File Size: 18.3 GB
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and above
- Windows 8.1 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel Core i3 / AMD Athlon 64 X2 CPU or better
- 8GB RAM or more (16GB or more recommended)
- 18GB free storage space
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Cloud and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.