VSL Vienna Instruments: Cornet
Cornet Virtual Instrument
Due to its wide conical taper, the cornet (French: cornet à pistons) is classified as a horn instrument, even though it looks more like a trumpet.
The first instrument was built around 1828 by Louis Antiine Halary in France and was primarily used in its historical function in military and marching bands.
Later, the instrument was introduced to the symphony orchestra of the romantic period, replacing the trumpet in some cases.
Compared to the trumpet, the cornet has a softer sound as a result of its construction, but a limited dynamic range.
As tonal response is achieved easily, the instrument has become very popular especially in music education.
More advanced trumpet players may easily switch to the cornet without specific training.
- Sample Amount: 9,476
- Download File Size: 2.5GB
- Installed File Size: 4.6GB
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and above
- Windows 8.1 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 8GB RAM or more (16GB or more recommended)
- 4GB free storage space
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Cloud and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2