Tone2 Gladiator 3 Expanded
Synthesizer Virtual Instrument
The award-winning Gladiator is a popular synthesizer that is used for a large number of professional productions. It provides a groundbreaking approach to sound generation. Its exclusive HCM-synthesis covers a new and unique aural territory.
- Innovative, new synthesis method (HCM)
- Unique sounds which no other synthesizer can create
- Huge sonic range
- High-end quality: Warm, crystal clear & rich sound
- One of the most successful software synthesizers
- Has been used in a vast number of movies and chart hits
- Different synthesis methods can be combined freely
- 40 filter types and 37 effects are included
- You can select from four different interface sizes
- Boundless possibilities
- Psychoacoustic processing
- Low CPU and high reliability
- Over 1200 sounds from professionals
- Handbook in 5 languages
- Good value for money
- Flexibility, expandability
Gladiator is a very powerful synthesizer, which supports an exhaustive list of synthesis methods. Most synthesis types can be combined freely to create new and exciting sounds. Synthesis types supported by Gladiator are:
- Tone2's exclusive Harmonic-Content-Morphing (HCM)
- Frequency Modulation (FM)
- Pulse Width Modulation (PWM)
- Re-synthesized instruments
- Vocoder sounds
- Oscillator Sync
- Phase Distortion
- Amplitude Modulation (AM)
- Phase Modulation (PM)
- Additive spectra
- Sampled noises and plucks
How does HCM-synthesis work?
The award-winning HCM-synthesis is exclusive to Gladiator and not available from any other company. It is based on a wide range of exciting waveforms, wavetables, resynthesized samples, voices, and natural sounds. The harmonic structure can be modified with 10 modules and 132 different algorithms to alter the sound. A powerful randomize-function allows the creation of an unlimited number of musically useful and unheard sounds with a single mouse-click!
Gladiator supports up to 18 oscillators per voice with stacking, 4x stereo unison and crystal clear sound quality.
Gladiator ships with an inspiring library of over 1200 outstanding presets from professional sound-designers. A variety of expansions is available to extend Gladiator's features and preset library. All sounds are arranged into categories for quick and easy access to the sound you need.
The filter section comes with top-quality stereo-filters. Many of them are exclusive to Tone2 products. Gladiator ships with 40 different filter types: Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Vocals, Comb, EQ, FM, AM, Phaser, Re-sample, Analog.
Gladiator comes with an impressive selection of stereo effects. 37 different units are included, all carefully crafted to offer the highest quality possible, such as Reverbs, Delays, Flanger, Phaser, Chorus, Ensemble, Rotary, Bitcrusher, Talkbox, Ringmod, Dolby Prologic II surround encoding, Waveshaper, Pingpong, Filters and so on.
Gladiator has a powerful, user-friendly and flexible modulation section. Four fast envelopes add punch to your sounds. There are 22 different LFOs available, which can be synced to your track's BPM-rate. The Step LFO's design was inspired by step-sequencers and can be used to create rhythmic sequences and trance-gates.
A special post-processing module in Gladiator mimics the workings of the human ear. It creates deeper basses and adds transparency.
The innovative phase-modifier in the oscillator-section is based on the latest discoveries in phonetic science. It makes a digital waveform sound warm, silky or punchy.
Gladiator offers several micro-tuning modes, which make chords sound more harmonic, fat and transparent.
What's new in Version 3
The update to v3.0 is a major update, which is available for free for all Gladiator2 users. It includes a larger and resizable GUI, a patch browser, enhanced sound quality, a bigger sonic range, a more user-friendly interface, and many new features. Gladiator3 is downward compatible. Existing song-projects and patches can be loaded without any further steps necessary. They will benefit from the enhanced sound quality.
- Created a new interface, which is nearly twice as large
- By clicking on 'EDITOR SIZE' you can select from four different interface sizes
- Added a comfortable, new patch browser
- New sound-quality mode 'high-end'
- 18 additional unison modes with a diverse selection of chords
- Added context-sensitive tooltips with detailed descriptions for all controls
- The patches can be ranked by clicking on the stars in the patch browser
- The patch rankings are stored within the file "Ranking.rnk"
- 6 additional LFO waveforms: "Stair 4 up","Stair 8 up","Stair 4 down","Stair 8 down","Stair 4 up/down","Stair 8 up/down"
- Added manuals in English, German, French, Spanish and Italian to the new help menu
- New loop mode "Noise", which jumps to a random section
- New loop mode "\/50%", which ping-pong-loops 50% of the spectrum
- New loop mode "\/25%", which ping-pong-loops 25% of the spectrum
- 3 additional phase-modifiers "Zzzap", which sound like a laser
- 3 additional phase-modifiers "Boing", which sound like a reverse laser
- 2 additional phase-modifiers "Odd noise" and "Even noise", which noisify the spectrum
- 2 additional phase-modifiers "Odd 90" and "Even 90", which sound like a sub-oscillator
- Information tags about the patches are shown in the patch browser
- Extended halftone-range for the arpeggiator from -23 to +23
- Added cross-product-compatibility: Save->'Export...' exports the sound of osc1 as an Icarus compatible wavetable in wav format
- Video tutorials can be shown from the help menu
- Updates and additional sounds can be accessed directly from the help menu
- 176 additional patches
Enhancements in Sound
- More linear frequency response for oscillators playing below 100Hz
- More precise timing for all sample-rates
- Replaced all micro-tuning algorithms with a better ones. The new ones are more subtle and sounds less 'detuned'.
- The late-reverb-tail of 'Reverb small' sounds less detuned
- The late-reverb-tail of 'Reverb large' sounds less detuned
- The late-reverb-tail of 'Reverb ultra' sounds less detuned
- All effects do come with default settings now and are more useable
- Reworked factory patches
- Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 10 / Vista (32 bit or 64 bit)
- Mac OSX 10.5 or higher
- PC formats: 32-bit VSTi, 64-bit VSTi, Standalone
- Mac formats: 32-bit VSTi, 64-bit VSTi, 32-bit Audio Unit, 64-bit Audio Unit
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.