Synthesizer Virtual Instrument
Stratum will take you down the wormhole straight into the 1980s futuristic soundscapes. By combining the fat, wide supersaw oscillators with the classic, rich-sounding FM engine, we have brought synth technology of different eras together to give you the sound of future-past.
Stratum will provide you with all you need to create tracks in a variety of retro-inspired genres, be it synthwave, retrowave, outrun, cinematic electronica, 8-bit chiptunes, you name it. These timbres are gaining popularity fast and, if you want to keep up with the wave, check out Stratum. The instrument will also prove of great use in techno, trance, lo-fi hip-hop and EDM, bringing a blast from the past to spice up your tracks.
Stratum is a rock-solid layering of a classic Supersaw synthesizer and a 4 operator FM synthesizer. Originally made famous by the Roland JP-8000, the Supersaw waveform has made a strong comeback in the trance and hardcore genres due to its edgy sound, particularly in synth leads and synth basses. Stratum takes this a step further by combining this classic waveform with a 4-operator FM synth, a noise generator, and sub-oscillator to produce a virtual instrument perfect for modern synthwave, vaporwave, and retro electro productions like those found in the recent hit series "Stranger Things" and the movie "Synchronicity OST".
Stratum also features two low-pass filters, a vocal formant filter, and a tube distortion circuit to further enhance your sounds, all controllable by a simple modulation matrix featuring 4 LFOs with mod wheel control and an 8-step sequencer called the Stepper. For those who need to punish their sounds even further, Stratum includes a unique XY Pad which can mix in a Bit Crusher, Dirty Phaser, Wah-Wah, and a Non-Linear Delay.
Arpeggiator enthusiasts will be happy to see not one, but TWO arpeggiators, one for the Supersaw synth and one for the FM synth. And to add the final polish to your sounds and tracks, Stratum includes built-in Chorus, Phaser, Delay, and Reverb effects.
- Supersaw FM Synthesizer with Noise and Sub Oscillators
- Individual arpeggiators for the Supersaw and FM synths
- Dynamic Filters including Low-Pass Filters with Resonance, Vocal Formant and Tube Distortion
- Unique XY Effects pad for additional bit crushing, dirty phasing, wah, and non-linear delay effects
- Simple but powerful Modulation Matrix featuring 4 LFOs and an 8-step sequencer
- Built in Reverb, Delay, Phaser, and Chorus effects
- MacOS 10.8 Mountain Lion and above
- Windows 7 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel or AMD CPU
- 4GB RAM or more
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Machine and iLok USB licensing methods are supported