SONiVOX Orchestral Companion Brass
Brass Virtual Instrument
The SONiVOX design team has produced over 80 outstanding brass programs, each one meticulously crafted to deliver as accurate and convincing experience as possible. That's what you demand, so that's what Sonivox did.
There is a comprehensive collection of full orchestral brass ensembles, and also a full array of smaller brass sub-groups. In addition, OCB provides you with a complete selection of solo instruments. All the major instruments are here, including solo trumpets, trombones, bass trombones, French horns, and tuba. Double and flutter tonguing, sustained and staccato notes, plus instrument mutes, swells, sforzando, and marcato voicing provide you with the depth of content you need for convincing brass parts and tracks.
However, what really sets the SONiVOX Orchestral Companion Brass apart from other seemingly similar products is this:
Sonivox spared no effort or expense in seeking out the best musicians playing the best-sounding instruments, and we took the necessary steps to record them correctly in the most lifelike manner possible.
World-Class Musicians, Top-Tier Instruments
Sonivox recorded the Orchestral Companion Brass in the legendary Futura Productions studios in Massachusetts. Members of the Boston Pops and/or Boston Ballet Orchestras played all performances, with the same premium instruments they use for their actual concert galas and events. A combination of spot and ambient mic’ing capture every instrumental nuance, while preserving the refined acoustics and intimacy of the performance space itself.
State-Of-The-Art Sampling Sessions
Under the expert guidance of SONiVOX musical sound connoisseur Jennifer Hruska, each sample session was faithfully recorded by Emmy award-winning engineers Antonio Oliart and RIAA award-winning engineer John Bono. The players were positioned using orchestrally-correct seating, and measures were even taken to compensate for the sound-absorption of any players absent on that particular day. In order to retain a realistic "organic" feel, minimal post-recording electronic processing was used. Sonivox used two B&K 4011 microphones to preserve the highly-desired front-of-hall sound (you know, the "good seats"), while superior-grade spot mics accurately captured each instrument's individual detail. Benchmark-caliber preamps fed Troisi Octal A/D converters to complete an uncorrupted signal chain.
Sonivox expended more effort and care on this system than most crazedaudiophiles do on their own systems, but that’s how important it was to them...because that's how important it is to you.
Each patch and preset is easily playable by virtually every level of performer. All instruments are presented in multi-velocity layers, with natural swells available via the modulation wheel. MIDI key switching provides on-the-fly articulation for select patches. The internal sound engine provides additional modulation (LFO) sources, dynamic envelope control, and studio-grade reverb/effects to allow creative customization of the onboard sounds.
In addition,Orchestral Companion Brassruns as a fully compatible plug-in with any VST (32 or 64 bit), AU (64 bit), and AAX (32 or 64 bit) for ProTools 10.3 or higher Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) software.
- State-of-the-art captures of world-class brass instruments
- 24-bit, dual velocity patches provide expressive textures
- Over 5 GB of data content
- 80+ patches covering brass ensembles, sectionals & solo instruments
- Full Brass Ensembles; Brass Sections
- Solo Trumpet, Trombone, Bass Trombone, French Horn, and Tuba
- Diverse articulations, dynamics, and muted instruments
- 16 patches with full articulation switching using MIDI keys
- Internal FX, LFOs, and envelopes for unlimited creative freedom
- MacOS 10.8 Mountain Lion and above
- Windows 7 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel or AMD CPU
- 4GB RAM or more
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Machine and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.