Reason Studios Reason 12
Music Production DAW Software & Plugin
The Reason Rack is one of the most powerful and flexible sound design and beatmaking tools for your music. It’s a virtual studio rack packed full of instruments, synthesizers, drum machines, sound-shaping effects, Player MIDI effects, and mixing tools that come together to make your sound possible.
Mimic Creative Sampler
Mimic is a fun new sampler for the modern beatmaker and producer. Designed for quick and immediate triggering, chopping, and manipulation of whatever audio you throw at it.
Combine your favorite devices, choose a panel size, change the background color, add a custom background, and the perfect set of controls to build your dream machine.
Geek out on crystal clear hyper-realistic devices in the Rack and adapt Reason to your workflow with the new zoomable interface.
With a new faster browsing experience you can easily find all your devices, samples and patches, and stay in the creative flow.
Virtual Studio Rack
At the heart of Reason is a virtual rack where you craft your own sound using Reason's synthesizers, drum machines, samplers, and other organic instruments - along with a large collection of audio and MIDI effects to shape both your sound and even the notes you play on your keyboard.
Inviting, easy to use and with a sound to die for: Reason’s instrument is the true stars of the Reason experience.
- Mimic Creative Sampler NEW
- Grain Sample Manipulator
- Radical Piano
- Europa Shapeshifting Synthesizer
- Thor Polysonic Synthesizer
- Rytmik Drum Machine
- Klang Tuned Percussion
- Pangea World Instrument
- Humana Vocal Ensemble
- Monotone Bass Synthesizer
- Kong Drum Designer
- NN19 Sampler
- NN-XT Advanced Sampler
- Malström Graintable Synthesizer
- Dr. Octo Rex Loop Player
- Redrum Drum Computer
- Subtractor Analog Synthesizer
- MIDI Out Device
- ID-8 Instrument Device
From the easy and straightforward to the esoteric and downright complex, Reason comes with all the effects you need.
- Quartet Chorus Ensemble
- Sweeper Modulation Effect
- Master Bus Compressor
- Channel Dynamics
- Channel EQ
- The Echo
- Pulveriser Demolition
- RV7000 MkII Reverb
- Softube Amp
- Softube Bass Amp
- Scream 4 Sound Destruction Unit
- Alligator Triple Filtered Gate
- Synchronous Effects Modulator
- Neptune Pitch Adjuster
- BV512 Vocoder
- Audiomatic Retro Transformer
- MClass Equalizer
- MClass Stereo Imager
- MClass Compressor
- MClass Maximizer
- RV-7 Digital Reverb
- DDL-1 Digital Delay Line
- D-11 Foldback Distortion
- ECF-42 Envelope Controlled Filter
- CF-101 Chorus/Flanger
- PH-90 Phaser
- COMP-01 Compressor/Limiter
- PEQ-2 Two Band Parametric EQ
- UN-16 Unison
Player MIDI FX
- Beat Map Algorhythmic Drummer
- Scales & Chords
- Dual Arpeggio
- Note Echo
Sounds & Patches
Huge sound banks with more than 29000 device patches, loops, and samples.
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and above
- Windows 10 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 4GB RAM or more (8GB or more recommended)
- 5.5GB free storage space for Reason app, plus 8GB for optional content
- 1280x768 screen resolution or higher
AAX Native and VST3 for use in other DAWs