Puremix Tutorials: Adam Hawkins Inside The Mix - Robert DeLong
Throughout the past ten years, Robert Delong has climbed to the top of the charts with his genre-bending electro-pop hits. When the time came to mix 2018's "Favorite Color Is Blue", Robert called upon Adam Hawkins to mix the hit single.
In this Puremix Exclusive, multi-award-winning mixing engineer, Adam Hawkins, returns to the original Pro Tools session of "Favorite Color Is Blue" to dissect the choices he made and explain the thought process, workflow, and techniques that helped this massive song explode across the world.
Watch as Adam:
- Discusses delivering mixes at loud levels when receiving a loud rough mix
- Track Organization
- Explains how to deal with excessively bright tracks
- Deals with resonances on individual tracks that can mask and clutter a mix
- Uses various techniques to widen the stereo image
- Creates a multiple drum parallel busses to build a MASSIVE drum sound while preserving the energy and feel of the groove
- Uses compression and saturation to level out the synth bass and make sure it's always present in the mix
- Uses multi-mono eq fed into a stereo imaging processor to treat each side differently and expand the stereo width
- Modulates reverb to add a tail to the main hook vocal track
- Dials in sound effect tracks to make them support the transitions in the songs
- Uses multiple stages of compression on K. Flay to create a powerful, textured, and punchy and in your face vocal sound.
- Creates space and depth around the vocal with mono delays
- Manages chopped and screwed vocals, multiple doubles, chants, and adlibs to create a massive group vocal sound
Sit next to world-renowned mixing engineer, Adam Hawkins, and learn how he mixed the hit song, "Favorite Color Is Blue", by Robert Delong ft. K. Flay.
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.