PSP Lexicon 42
Digital Delay Plugin
Lexicon PSP 42 is a high-quality digital stereo delay and phrase sampler plug-in (VST and RTAS, AAX for Windows; VST and RTAS, AAX for Mac OS classic and AudioUnit, VST, RTAS for Mac OSX Universal Binary) based on the legendary Lexicon PCM 42 processor famous for its distinctive sound and unique concept. Lexicon PSP 42 has been carefully designed to accurately reproduce the flexibility and warmth of this renowned classic. This has been accomplished by incorporating precise tape saturation algorithm and a delay line operating with a variable sampling rate which simulates physical properties of vintage tape machine delays. The plug-in has been designed with consideration to preserve maximum signal quality at every processing stage.
The Lexicon PSP 42 is capable of generating a wide variety of delay-based effects ranging from tempo-locked feedback delay with high-frequency absorption and tape saturation to flanging and phasing effects. A flexible modulation section for continuous delay time and pitch control allows the user to add subtle animation or swing to the processed signal as well as to create unpredictable, alien sounds when pushed to its limits. The freely adjustable delay line sampling frequency makes Lexicon PSP 42 a good tool for creating low-fi effects that sound smooth thanks to the superior characteristics of employed interpolation algorithm. Close attention has been paid to make the unit operate without audible clicks or pops.
PSP is the sole developer and manufacturer of the Lexicon PSP 42. Functionality and sound of the Lexicon PSP 42 have been approved by Lexicon. PSP is responsible for all customer support.
- High quality signal processing algorithms,
- Up to 9600 ms of delay time depending on internal sampling frequency,
- Continuous control of delay time,
- Tight synchronization to the host tempo and its changes,
- Tape saturation simulation based on the algorithm used in the line of our mastering processors,
- Low pass filter for high frequency absorption modeling,
- Modulation section with three different modulation signal sources (sinus, square, envelope detector) mixed in any proportions,
- Phrase sampler capability,
- Parameter filtration and on-the-fly cross-fades for smooth and click-free operation,
- Support for sampling rates of up to 192kHz,
- MIDI and VST automation,
- Logic Control support.
- Library of presets
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.