Reason Studios Parsec 2
Spectral Synthesizer Rack Extension
Introducing Parsec Spectral Synthesizer - the futuristic sound of additive synthesis for the Reason Rack. With two independent sound engines, up to 1024 oscillators per voice, a wide range of sound sculpting tools, built-in effects, and free modulation routing, Parsec won’t leave you wishing when it comes to sonic horse-powers.
Boasting a state-of-the-art synthesis engine and an inviting user interface, Parsec was designed for the novice and the PhD of sound synthesis alike. The comprehensive sound bank with patches spanning everything from crisp, digital sounding leads to lush and evolving pad sounds, rich sonic textures and instrument sounds, will make an excellent starting point to explore the sounds of Parsec. Once you are ready to dive further, the easy to grasp interface will have you creating your own otherworldly sounds in no time.
Start building your sound in Parsec’s generators—there is one per Sound Engine. Each generator boasts up to 512 oscillators, or partials, per voice. The more partials, the richer and more detailed the sound. The generator produce their sound according to any of 12 built-in algorithms: from simple waveforms like sawtooth or square to algorithms modeling the spectral content of vibrating strings and complex overtone series.
Sculpt your sound further with Parsec’s modifiers. Each sound engine has two modifiers and each of them can be set to any of 22 algorithms. Pick and choose from emulations of low pass and high pass filters, to more exotic offerings such as modifiers that mimics the effect of pulse width modulation, brick wall band pass filters and many more.
You are never out of options when it comes to controlling all the parameters in Parsec. It has three Envelopes, one of which can be set to loop mode. It’s got a comprehensive modulation bus where you effortlessly connect modulation sources and targets. If you're the adventurous kind, flip to the back of the rack to explore the multitude of CV and gate connections made possible there.
Additive Synthesis used to be somewhat difficult to use in music production. The synthesis method has been known to be taxing on the computer, meaning that you would have to resort to less detailed sounds, bouncing tracks or freezing your tracks in order to not choke your computer under the load. Not with Parsec though. With break-through processing, Parsec will let you use up to 1024 oscillators in your sounds without killing your computer.
- Extremely powerful and easy to use additive synthesis.
- Amazing sound bank with inspiring sounds for electro house, bass music, minimal techno, electronic indie and pop, far-out experimental, and more.
- Two sound engines that make up a single sound. Use one engine for the attack and another for sustain. Or use both at the same time for ultra thick tones!
- Up to 1024 oscillators per voice.
- It's a vocoder too, with modulation from Parsec's audio input.
- Built-in high-quality reverb and delay.
New in Parsec 2
- Build your sound with 36 new generators, including resynthesized instruments and all of Thor’s wavetables.
- Shape your sound with five new modifiers
- New modulation sources and destination
- Interactive displays: draw your filter curves, draw your pitch and partial envelopes, get visual feedback on all modifier parameters.
- New routing of engine A to engine B
- New modulation routings and an improved modulation interface: drag to the modulation destination
- More precise knobs
- 200+ new patches
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.