KResearch KR-Fatter STR
Spectral Enhancer Plugin
KR-Fatter STR is a modular hybrid plug-in processor using two different proprietary time and frequency domain DSP platforms in a single unit. The frequency-domain platform used is Spectral Transformation Resynthesis (STR). STR is a digital signal processing (DSP) platform that operates exclusively in the frequency domain and makes use of specially developed spectral transforms for synthesis and audio effect design. At the same time, KR-Fatter STR is using specially designed time-domain processing elements like for example fractal-based variance controls. By combining these two platforms in a single unit, new more powerful effects can be achieved by rather using a single platform.
KR-Fatter STR can be used to enhance the spectral content of audio signals containing vocal, instrument, or synthesized sound recordings. By using different combinations of the available modules KR-Fatter STR allows the creation of different effects like Fattening, Spectral Coloring, Imaging, Harmonizing, Pitch Shifting, Delay, Modulation, and other Special effects. Special attention was given to the design of this processor in the use of Naturally perceived randomization of the available functions in order to produce a spectrally evolving output. These randomizations implemented using Fractal algorithms can transform dull static audio signals into vibrant, rich, and natural-sounding recordings.
The available modules and functions can be employed in both serial and parallel fashion to achieve different results. KR-Fatter STR can create up to an additional 4 stereo copies (total 10 mono channels including the dry signal) of the input signal which can be processed individually by applying modular effects and mixed together in a final master stereo output bus.
The modular effects available in KR-Fatter STR are:
- Generic pitch-shifter - generate pitch related variations of the original audio signal
- Animated pitch variation - produce animated pitch variations
- STR color (STR transform filter) - design thousands of different spectral color variations of the original input audio spectrum
- Low-frequency oscillator (LFO) modulation - give vibrato effect
- Phase - add naturally perceived phase related variations
- Amplifier - add naturally perceived amplitude related variations
- Shelving equalizer (EQ) - use to spectrally balance individual channels and/or the whole mix
- Delay - use to create delayed copies of the input
- Panning - use to create imaging effects or expansion
Thanks to the modular architecture, KR-Fatter STR is able to deliver the highest quality audio processing at low CPU costs modules add CPU cycles only when switched-on. This preserves maximum efficiency while making possible high performance on a wide range of CPU platforms.
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz / AMD Athlon 64 or higher
- Windows 7 32/64bit, Windows 8 32/64bit
- Intel Core Duo 2.3Ghz or higher
- Mac OS 10.7.5 (Lion) - 10.9.x (Mavericks)
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.