Image Line Morphine
Additive Synthesizer Virtual Instrument for FL Studio
A Small Revolution
Morphine is a powerful Additive Synthesizer with a logical, flexible architecture that allows you to create any sound. You can do this directly by adjusting harmonics manually or by taking any input sample and resynthesizing it into one of 4 independent voices.
Additive Synthesis has been considered one of the most desirable ways to emulate real instruments or to create new sounds. However, Additive Synthesis has proved both technically and conceptually difficult to implement, requiring expensive computational algorithms and hardware.
Morphine Changes Everything
Morphine introduces a minor revolution to the world of Additive Synthesis.
With low CPU usage algorithms that retain a warm sound without sacrificing articulation accuracy and flexible architecture, Morphine moves instantly to the top of its class.
Morphine’s 128 harmonic oscillator engine is fully optimized for producing a high quality, warm sound, with ground shaking bass and crystal clear high frequencies.
Based on complex, full 32 bit mathematics, with no internal sampling to avoid interpolation noises so Morphine retains that 'analog' quality.
The oscillators are also optimized for fast amplitude and frequency modulation response for accurate tone reproduction.
The oscillator engine is not the only thing that makes Morphine sound so great. With an infinite number of harmonic snapshots 'per-spectrum', and the ability to map a unique spectra for each note, you can generate a realistic and balanced sound over the entire keyboard range.
The four generator sources can be morphed via the in-built mix/morph envelope or from an external MIDI controller. Combined with the four independent multipoint modulation envelopes, assignable to many internal parameters, you can achieve any sound, just like you imagined it.
As an ‘Easter-egg’ for the sound designers among you, Morphine provides unison and comb/pulse width filter modulation of the harmonics directly, adding even more motion to the sound.
Be inspired. Resynthesis allows you to capture a complete spectrum from any audio sample, for accurate emulation of real instruments, or as a starting point for something completely new, using the in-built editing tools. Unlike the resynthesis of other additive synthesizers, Morphine provides total control so the resynthesized sounds are as close to the original sample as possible.
Complex evolving pads, deep basses, acoustic instruments, synthetic leads, and keyboards are all possible using the advanced resynthesis features and intuitive interface.
However, musical creativity doesn't guarantee you care about making your own sounds from scratch. Good news here too, Morphine includes 290 high-quality presets covering a vast range of music styles. But, you don't have to take our word for it, download the demo and let your own ears be the judge.
- High-quality sound engine optimized for low CPU usage and fast amplitude and frequency modulation response.
- 4 independent "Generators" per voice
- Keyboard layering with 128 unique Keyboard Zones.
- Unlimited number of harmonic "snapshots" (breakpoints) per spectrum.
- Amplitude, Detune, Panning control for all harmonics.
- Filtering and Velocity response for each Generator source.
- Highly CPU optimized, accurate Resynthesis allowing emulation of audio samples with high precision.
- Manual override options for the resynthesis process to achieve most accurate emulations.
- Ability to import waveshapes from audio file.
- Variable-time control for spectra, mix/morph envelopes (can also be linked to key number, velocity, or any other controller).
- 4 PWM Filters (spectral emulation of comb filtering, unison, or pulse-width)
- Additional generator that allows any Noise Sample audio file to be mixed with the synthesized sound, complete with filtering.
- Morphing path, morphs harmonics in real-time, controlled internally or from external modulation source/s.
- Morphing Square mixes the 4 Generator sources with a single convenient interface.
- 4 multipoint (EG) envelopes can be routed to many internal Morphine controls
- 1 to 32 note polyphony, user selectable.
- ADSR master envelope
- Velocity response is adjustable.
- Up to 5 built-in simultaneous effects: Chorus, Delay, Reverb, Equalizer, Distortion.
- Attractive, user-friendly interface, developed through 1000s of hours testing and development.
- 340 high-quality factory sounds.
Morphine in FL Studio
- Morphine works inside FL Studio both under Windows and macOS
- General FL Studio System Requirements apply