Image Line DirectWave
Sampler Virtual Instrument for FL Studio
Opens All Your Sounds
It loads and edits most of the existing sound formats out there (WAV (any), SF2 (Soundfont), AKP (Akai), Propellerheads Recycle, Native Instruments Battery, Kontakt *(nki), GIGA *(gig) & eMagic EXS24) and it can even sample your existing VST instruments.
- 16 part multitimbral VST sampler
- 128 Voice Polyphony
- 128 programs
- unlimited zones per program
- All sample rates supported
- Realtime SINC-64 point interpolation (HQ Audiophile)
- Poly, Mono, Legato operation, with glide / auto mode.
- 2*24 dB 5 mode filters serial or parallel
- Flexible 16 slot freely assignable Modulation Matrix
- 2 mod. ADSR envelopes, 2 zone-independent mod. LFOs 2 global program mod. LFOs
- Automatable loop points, reverse loop points supported
- Loop modes: fwd, one-shot, sustained, bounce looping
- Automatable sample start offset (available as mod destination parameters)
- Built-in voice Insert FX with independent settings for each zone: ring mod. sample rate decimator, bitcrusher & phaser.
- Built-in send effects: chorus, reverb, delay (with filtered feedback, sync to host tempo).
- Independent send amounts per zone
- Freely assignable 16 stereo outputs
- Multi-editor with channel list, mixer, expression, modulation, and pitch bend GUI controls
- Built-in sample editor with destructive editing (cut / copy / paste / trim functions), loop finding tool, normalize, vertical / horizontal zooming, etc)
- Realtime sampling/recording of whatever is connected to DirectWave inputs (needs modular host or host with assignable plug-in routing)
- Record Threshold: sampling input will wait until signal peak arises (-40dB)
- Built-in VST host to easily automate "sampling" of your VST instruments directly into DirectWave
- Total Recall operation mode: DirectWave will enclose all the required sample data in the project files created by your host: it creates totally portable projects without worrying about needed sample files
- Import: DWP (proprietary), WAV (any), SF2 (Soundfont), AKP (Akai), Recycle, Battery, Kontakt *(nki), GIGA *(gig) & EXS24
- Several importing methods: built-in browsing, drag & drop, menu options
- Built-in fast library browser list and tree-arranged menu program selector.
- Zone editor with visual zone arrangement map and list with all zone properties
- All program/zone parameters of all channels can be automated as parameters
WARNING: DirectWave will not import the above formats if they have been encrypted/protected. Encryption is sometimes used by vendors to prevent non-native import of program files (they want you to buy their sampler) so check with the vendor they are not encrypted/locked to a given sampler if you are planning to purchase any of these formats for use with DirectWave and/or test out the demo of DirectWave to see if it works BEFORE you buy it.
DirectWave in FL Studio
- DirectWave works inside FL Studio both under Windows and macOS
- General FL Studio System Requirements apply