GForce M-Tron Pro
Mellotron Virtual Instrument
Highly Acclaimed Emulation of The Classic Mellotron
GForce's M-Tron Pro is an emulation of the legendary Mellotron, the tape-based keyboard heard on recordings by such artists as The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead, Oasis, Trent Reznor, Trentemøller, AIR and Nils Frahm amongst many others.
M-Tron Pro contains a huge 3.5GB sound library with over 200 tape banks included, 19 of which underwent remastering at the acclaimed Abbey Road Studios. For Mellotron sound with digital ease, GForce's M-Tron Pro provides an authenticity and flexibility that meets every 'Tron need.
Put Legendary Mellotron Sounds Into Your Studio!
From the flutes on the legendary introduction to The Beatles' "Strawberry Fields Forever" to tracks from The Moody Blues, David Bowie, and The Rolling Stones to the modern sounds of The Flaming Lips, Nine Inch Nails, Modest Mouse, Muse, U2, Sigur Ros, and more, there's no question that the sound of the Mellotron is a deep part of music history. Now, you can experience that tape-based playback sonic experience for yourself - and with 100%-digital convenience with M-Tron Pro.
In addition to its 200 tape banks, M-Tron Pro boasts more than 700+ patches, many custom-designed by world-class recording artists and programmers, so you have instant access to a diverse sonic palette.
Craft Hybrid Patches and Perform
M-Tron Pro offers up to 35 notes, each individually sampled. It also supports dual-layer and split-keyboard operation in addition to MIDI Learn. All of this functionality adds up to a wealth of control over its 29 parameters per layer, including ensemble and delay effects; low-pass, band-pass, and high-pass filters; and tape-based effects, such as reverse and half speed. All the control you need to craft your own dual-layer hybrid patches. What’s more, M-Tron Pro can operate standalone, so it’s easy to quickly load it up on your laptop and perform with a MIDI controller onstage.
- 700+ patches including many curated by world-class recording artists and programmers
- Over 3.5GB of factory samples
- Preserves the 8 second tape length, with carefully selected tape banks, such as the rhythms, looped
- Up to 35 notes, each individually sampled
- 4 interface sizes in 3 designs, Original, Wood and Clear
- Dual layer and split keyboard operation
- Programmable MIDI CC response via MIDI Learn
- 29 parameters per layer including synth parameters
- Vintage-style ensemble and delay effects
- Low-pass, band-pass and high-pass resonant filter section
- Tape Reverse
- Tape half-speed
- Dynamic keyboard control, including filter aftertouch
- The Brake – provides the ability to slow the tape playback speed for fabulous pitch-shift effects
- MacOS 10.07 - 10.15 (Not yet Big Sur or M1 compatible)
- M-Tron Pro V3 requires MacOS 10.12 or higher
- Windows XP SP2 or above
- 1GHz CPU or better
- 1GB RAM or more
Mac: Standalone Application, AAX Native, AU, RTAS, VST
Windows: Standalone Application, VST
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.