Flux Ircam Hear V3
Binaural Encoding Plugin
Binaural Encoding Tool
Ircam HEar provides faithful reproduction of a stereo mix or a full surround mix with up to ten channels, supporting Dolby Atmos, with a pair of conventional stereo headphones.
It relies on proven technology to model the various phenomena that occur when playing back audio material through a loudspeaker system.
- Up to ten channels Input/Output with support for Dolby Atmos
- Pro Tools HD 7.1.2 & 7.0.2 Dolby Atmos Bus Support
- Space Presets, presenting a range of spaces with subtly different colourations
- Routing Matrix for mapping between the plugins inputs from the DAW track to the virtual speaker internal outputs
- Speaker Mode specifies the emulated virtual speaker configuration
- Speaker Width to control the width between virtual speakers, expressed in degrees, which allows for narrowing or broadening the stereo image.
- Angle Shift to control the angle between the listener and the center of the virtual speakers
- HEar relies on HRTF filter measurements made using a KEMAR (Knowles Electronics Manikin For Acoustic Research) dummy head and torso simulation
Binaural technology encompasses methods for recording, processing, synthesizing, and reproducing sound that is specifically designed to preserve tridimensional localization properties.
In order to mimic the impression of a sound originating from a given incidence, it is sufficient to filter a mono signal, which on its own lacks any kind of spatial information, with both left and right HRTF filters.
This constitutes the foundation of binaural synthesis.
Please note that the resulting signal is only meant to be listened to with headphones, and isn't designed for a conventional stereo loudspeaker setup.
Signal Routing and Speaker Setup
A routing matrix provides an overview of the mapping between the plugin's inputs from the DAW track to the virtual speaker internal outputs, and a Speaker Mode specifying which virtual speaker configuration that should be emulated.
- MacOS 10.14 Mojave and above
- Windows 10 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Machine and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2, and VST3