Transient Splitting Effects Plugin
The Ultimate Creative Tool
Physion is the first plug-in to use Eventide's Structural Effects technology - A new method for processing audio. With Physion, you can split a sound into its transient and tonal parts, independently manipulate them using Eventide’s world-class effects and then fuse them back together. With the ability to add effects and dynamic controls to the transient and tonal sections, you can produce a wide range of effects, from the subtle to the extreme.
- Split audio into "Transient" and "Tonal" components
- Radically re-shape a sound by soloing the Tonal and Transient channels. Tighten up drums by dropping the tonal section, or tune a guitar into an ambient sweep by losing the transients.
- Split, modify and reassemble any sound
- Fine-tune the split using the four “Structural Split” controls.
- Six Transient effects available: Delay, Tap Delay, Dynamics, Phaser, Reverb, Gate + EQ
- Seven Tonal effects available: Delay, Compressor, Pitch, Chorus, Reverb, Tremolo, EQ
- Waveform display for clear tracking of Transient/Tonal audio in real-time
- Artist presets from Richard Devine, Chris Carter, Suzanne Ciani, Joe Chiccarelli, John Agnello, Stewart Lerman, Steve Rosenthal, Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith and more
The Smoothing control adjusts the speed of the decision-making process, preventing it from making too fast a decision either way. This is useful for trimming out unwanted transient chirps or smoothing rough transitions.
Turning up the Transient Decay control preserves energy in the transient stream, further thickening up the transient tail as well as increasing the auto-swell on the tonal stream.
Adjust the Focus control to ‘fine tune’ the parsing of the sound based on contextual and musical desires. Focus forces the method to favor one stream over the other. Sliding Focus toward tonal will result in a more staccato transient stream. Sliding Focus toward transient will result in heavier transient tails along with tonal auto-swell. Extreme settings will push the entire signal to either the transient or tonal stream. The Focus control can be used to make subtle modifications like de-essing, de-reverberating, or reducing pick noise by adjusting transient and tonal gain.
Selecting Source Type sets the under-the-hood expert tunings that prime the analysis and decider for a natural sounding split of a given source.
Six Transient Effects
- Delay - A standard Delay echo effect with Tempo Sync capability and low and high-cut filtering
- Tap Delay - A multi-tap delay-line with Tempo Sync capability. Useful for rhythmic delays, wacky comb filtering, volume swells, or unique reverberant sounds.
- Dynamics - A combined Compressor/Limiter and Expander/Gate (function is determined by Ratio control)
- Phaser - A classic multi-stage allpass based Phaser effect, which can be controlled via LFO or Envelope
- Reverb - A room Reverb designed with high echo density, imparting a fast and smooth build-up of reflections. This pairs nicely with transient sounds to create a sense of space without obvious echo slap back.
- Gate + EQ - A Gate followed by a 3-band overdrive-able EQ
Seven Tonal Effects
- Compressor - A standard Compressor/Limiter
- Chorus - Multi-voiced chorus with randomized modulation
- EQ - A 3-band overdrive-able EQ
- Delay - A standard Delay echo effect with Tempo Sync capability, modulation, and low and high-cut filtering
- Reverb - A large space Reverb designed with lower echo density (compared to Transient Reverb) and targeted high modal density with little to no modulation to avoid a chorusing sound on the tails. This allows the tonal audio to breathe in the space, yet evolve into dense pad-like reverberant tails.
- PitchShift - A 3-voice Pitch Shifter with +/- 1 octave shift per voice and an overall fine tuning control. Useful for retuning drums, creating harmonies, or micropitch chorusing/double-tracking all without transient slap back or smearing.
- Tremolo - A standard Tremolo effect which is driven by an LFO in (optional) combination with the Envelope of the plug-in’s input
- MacOS 10.9 Mavericks - 12 Monterey
- Windows 8 - 11
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3 (all 64-bit only)
Native Apple Silicon compatibility for all formats except AAX.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.