BFD Drums BFD3
Drum Kit Virtual Instrument
Evolved Acoustic Drum Software
- 7 new kits recorded in 2 locations
- Dedicated rock, metal, jazz, and brush kits
- More detail in less disk space
- Tom resonance/cymbal swell modeling
- Streamlined new browser and workflow
- Faster, more efficient audio engine
- Extendable interface for larger screens
- New effects including algorithmic reverb and DCAM EnvShaper
- Wide range of mix-ready presets
- Fully editable, improved groove engine
- Rudiments tool for creating grooves
- Grooves by Steve Ferrone, Brooks Wackerman, Bobby Jarzombek, Peter Erskine & Stanton Moore courtesy of Platinum Samples
- VST, AU, and AAX plugin formats & standalone version
BFD3 is designed to sound great while offering as much depth as you need.
Browse for entire presets, quickly compile custom kits, or mold any drum sound you desire by retuning, damping, and processing multiple mics with the powerful internal mixing engine.
The built-in Groove section offers a versatile range of session drummer performances alongside pattern editing and creation functions.
Select from a wide range of musical drum rudiments and paint your own realistic parts.
BFD3 introduces modeled tom resonance and bleed which provides a natural-sounding 'glue' which blends the sound of the kit together.
The modeling varies with the characteristics and tuning of any combination of drums - something that cannot be achieved only by using samples.
BFD3 also includes improved dynamics matching across drums and a swell-modeling algorithm for more realistic cymbal washes.
These features can be applied to your existing BFD libraries if you're upgrading (and to any expansion packs you buy in future).
Mixing and Exporting
The internal BFD3 mixing engine has DCAM-modelled compression, filtering, and other effects alongside great-sounding EQ and algorithmic reverbs.
You can even use an external signal as a compression sidechain source.
New workflow enhancements let you hide multiple drum and ambient mics for simpler mixing approaches and it's easy to route multiple channels to discrete outputs for processing with other plugins or outboard gear.
BFD3 even provides multi-channel audio export direct to disk.
Grooves can be exported using drag and drop - perfect for compiling loops.
BFD3 is the third generation of FXpansion's flagship software acoustic drum studio: new levels of realism and ground-breaking features in an intuitive redesigned engine.
With stunning new kits, mix-ready presets, and modeling technology for tom resonance and cymbal swells, BFD3 delivers uncompromising detail.
The revamped interface has a new mixer and sound browser for the easiest BFD experience yet.
- MacOS 10.12 Sierra and above
- Windows 10 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 4GB RAM or more
AAX Native, AU, and VST2